+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7 Expired activation error

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I have an iphone 5 running ios 7 beta 4 (originally what I installed a month or so ago), phone has been working with no issues for over
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iOS 7 Expired activation error
    Hi everyone,

I have an iphone 5 running ios 7 beta 4 (originally what I installed a month or so ago), phone has been working with no issues for over a month until today I got the message that my phone needs to be activated and activation fails because my phone is not a member of the iPhone developer program.

All i actually care about at this moment is getting my data backup, is this still possible?

I currently get the following error when plugged into itunes "itunes could not back up the iphone "" because a session could not be started with the iPhone"

Do I have any options of still backing up my data?

thanks!

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from
    Thanks

Are you going to restore back to ios6? iOS7 backups can't be used on iOS6 any way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am okay with sticking with iOS7, I had no idea ios7 backup wont work on iOS6.

If I wait for the official release of IOS7 will I be able to update my phone and keep all my data?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay so I bought a developer account so I could activate the phone but when I try to activate it says the server is unavailable.

What are my options?

When I plug the phone into iTunes it says my current version is expired and to install an updated version.

Really do not want to loss my data.

The notes primarily, I checked on icloud and not all have been backed up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had this exact same problem, my ios beta had been deactivated - and I couldn't make a backup of my device. I very stupidly had holiday photos I had not backed up on the device, so really wanted to get them back! I did, eventually, find a solution!

I downloaded a free ios file system browser, which allowed me to copy off my photos (and I am assuming that one of these applications would be able to let you copy off notes aswell). I used the free 'ifunbox', but I have heard of (but not tested) the free 'phone browse' and the paid for 'iexplorer'. iexplorer states on its website that it can copy off notes.

If all of these three applications fail you, you could try googling for more ios file system browser applications.

I wish you the best of luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjh357 View Post
    I had this exact same problem, my ios beta had been deactivated - and I couldn't make a backup of my device. I very stupidly had holiday photos I had not backed up on the device, so really wanted to get them back! I did, eventually, find a solution!

I downloaded a free ios file system browser, which allowed me to copy off my photos (and I am assuming that one of these applications would be able to let you copy off notes aswell). I used the free 'ifunbox', but I have heard of (but not tested) the free 'phone browse' and the paid for 'iexplorer'. iexplorer states on its website that it can copy off notes.

If all of these three applications fail you, you could try googling for more ios file system browser applications.

I wish you the best of luck!

Good info, I will try this later today and let you know if it worked.

Thanks!

Thanks

FYI...you won't be able to browse the file system with any outside app unless the device is jailbroken, and that is not possible on iOS 7 currently...I think ur pretty much stuck...you should have paid attention to the details...always have an updated backup in iCloud or PC, and not run beta SFW unless you are really a developer or at least pay attention to how things operate.. Betas have an expiration date on them..shoulda updated when subsequent betas came out...might want to search around some more, but I believe you'll have to do a restore to latest beta(6) and hope u get some stuff back with a 7 backup in either icloud(if u had that turned on) or on PC..or go back to iOS 6 and see if u have an old backup somewhere of when u were on 6, or just start over...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not an expert in these matters, but my device was not jailbroken and the application I used to browse the file system worked just fine. I, as you did, assumed that it wouldn't work - but to my surprise it did.

This article (The Best Desktop File Explorer for iPhone (And All the Cool Things You Can Do with It)), which I read specifically states "without even having to jailbreak".

Certainly give it a try if you want to retrieve your data.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

__
    Last edited by cjh357; 09-03-2013 at 10:45 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had no idea ios7 backup wont work on iOS6.