Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Help deleting Voice Memos please
08-02-2013, 02:41 PM #1Help deleting Voice Memos please
After deleting Voice Memos directly from my iPhone 5 (6.1.2, jailbroken with evasi0n), I find that they and others remain in the Media Folder. I can see them in both iFile on the phone, with and iExplorer on the Mac. I'm not sure why they remain, but I'm pretty sure they are contributing to the 3+ gigs of "other" data reported by iTunes.
Can someone tell me if I can safely delete these memos from the iPhone with either program, and if so, which other associated files need to be removed? I don't know much about the other parts of the file structure, like the media database or prefs files. I just want to get these files off the phone. Same with photos that may have been deleted but which may still be on the phone.
I realize these issues have probably been discussed here, but I haven't had too much success with the search engine.
08-05-2013, 05:07 AM #2You can try these steps
You can try these steps i tried them and it worked for me.
1) Ensure that you've select Sync Voice Memos in iTunes then sync your device. Make sure all of them are copied to the iTunes Media/Voice Memos folder. If not, change your sync settings & get them there.
2) Download & install iFunbox.
3) If your device is still connected to iTunes, eject it without unplugging it.
4) In the iTunes Media/Voice Memos folder, back up whatever VMs you want to keep, then remove/delete everything in the folder.
4) Use iFunbox to delete the VMs from the IPhone/iTouch.
5) Delete the Voicemail playlists from iTunes. (bottom left)
6) Re-establish your device in iTunes. (Unplug then replug if necessary.)
7) Sync. The playlists on the device should disappear.
NOTE: If the sync gets hung up at the final stage (waiting to apply changes), eject your device,
then re-establish it. Sync again.