+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bricked iphone!! please someone help

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Edit: solved hi, ill explain what I did and what happened.... iphone 4s 6.2.1 evas0n jailbreak for years I have disabled mobile substrate addons to save battery (I turn off
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default bricked iphone!! please someone help
    Edit: solved

hi, ill explain what I did and what happened....

iphone 4s 6.2.1 evas0n jailbreak

for years I have disabled mobile substrate addons to save battery (I turn off dreamboard ect when using a winterboard theme). today I had several addons disabled and I turned 2 back on(gridlock and something else) and as u might have guessed my iphone is now in a boot loop. after hours of trying at work to boot up with volume+ my battery ran out.... so when I get home I charge my phone and connected to laptop....next problem iTunes or ifunbox wont recognise device.

so I tried dfu mode but the problem is when the phone is powered off its is acting like it is out of battery still (presumably because its not booted up after it ran out).
    but will start on its own after 2 mins but stay on the apple logo for 5 mins and then turn off. iv been trying for hours with iTunes,ifunbox and redsnow all running trying to get into dfu mode but the phone will only go into recovery mode. I cant shh into my device to turn all the mobile substrate addons back on to see if that works because I don't have shh installed.

is there any hope?

is it possible to get into my filesystem without shh installed and when I cant get into dfu mode or anything ?

Edit: solved, let the battery drain again, ifunbox recognised the device and I turned all mobile substrate addons to enabled, booted straight up, weird 1
    Last edited by Bwfcrus; 08-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Sad story, I would say......since it goes to recovery mode, did you try to get it out of it with Tiny Umbrella?
    If no luck, than I guess you have to to do a restore to 6.1.3. You will have a working phone, but no JB, sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

LucySterling (08-02-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sorry I tried to explain my iTunes will not recognise by iphone, no errors or anything nothing happens, also im pretty sure iv been in dfu mode eventually because it was a blank screen and nothing was happeneing when pressing home and sleep buttons, but still no response from iTunes/ifunbox

Thanks

It's time to upgrade my friend.
    Passionate tech blogger, student in college and part time worker at SoldMyDevice.com