+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage problem, please

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Lots of views on my previous post. but no replies. So let me ask it another way: (Jailbroken iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, both 6.1.2.) Has anyone had problems sending
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iMessage problem, please
    Lots of views on my previous post. but no replies. So let me ask it another way:

(Jailbroken iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, both 6.1.2.)

Has anyone had problems sending contacts or photos via iMessage on iPhone or iPad?

Texts sent from either device arrive to others on iMessage, but not contacts or photos. They indicate delivered, but do not arrive to my recipients (who are also using iMessage).

Conversely, photos and contacts sent from my Macbook Pro do arrive on my iPhone and iPad Mini.

To troubleshoot so far, I have deleted my dot.mac and dot.me email address in iMessage preferences from both iPhone and iPad, then added them back in—and they show color blue—but still no go on sending from phone or pad. I also deleted various tweaks that seem like they could be interfering, but nothing helps.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AGuyInJail; 07-20-2013 at 09:29 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, I have not had your problem, but have found that if your photo folder permissions are incorrect, you can have problems, reading or downloading files. If you have SBSettings installed. Goto More, System Options, Fix User Dir Permissions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. Tried fix dir permissions with SB Settings as you suggested, but no change.

And suddenly, I can't even receive a photo in a message sent to my own device. Strange! I've been deleting various tweaks, but nothing seems to help. Arrrrgh!

Thanks

Hi, does it work in safe mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, does it work in safe mode?
    It doesn't work in safe mode either, a big clue. So here's what I've done:

1. Did the "Fix Permissions" in SB Settings, which seems a little scary due to the SBSetting warning. Held breath and tapped anyway.

2. Deleted some tweaks from the iPad, one at a time, but none seemed to allow contacts or photos from being received by others.

3. Logged out of iCloud (via Messages panel of System Prefs on iPad)

4. Rebooted.

Now, things seem to be working… mostly. Sometimes both a contact and photo can be sent, sometimes only one gets through. But still, things are working better.

Repeated the same steps on the iPhone as well, and having some success there too.

It could be as simple as a tweak conflict that my brain isn't good enough to track down, or as simple as logging off iCloud and back on. Frankly I'm not sure.

Thanks

Hi, sounds like receive is ok from your Mac. You could reboot your wifi router and actually power down your iPad and iPhone, rather than rebooting them. I know in the past when the "radio" components have crashed on my iphone , a reboot doesnt reset it. The same if the SIM card crashes, a reboot won't fix that, you have to eject it. Also, I wonder if a sim eject might get iMessage sends back on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To all, I'm answering my own problem with what I think was the solution. Rather than delete the thread, this may serve others who encounter the problem of contacts and/or photos not being sent with iMessage.

In the end, after deleting and reinstalling tweaks and endless rebooting, it looks like the problem was solved by going into the Messages System Prefs panel of the iPhone and iPad, logging out of iCloud and logging back in. I guess somehow the server got confused, or something was corrupted.

If the problem recurs, I'll post information as I figure it out (or don't).

Thanks for the suggestions!