Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery issue on iPhone 5 6.1.2 jailbrocken

Default Battery issue on iPhone 5 6.1.2 jailbrocken
    ive been having some battery problems with my phone for the last week or so and i just cant figure out what else to do. ive searched endless threads and tried everything that has been recommended and just cant get my battery back to normal.

for some reason my phone has started to go through the battery like never before i can literally watch the percentage going down as i use it. a full charge will not last me more then about 6-7 hours while barely even using the phone , when it would last me at least 12-14 hours of usage before i started having this problem. the phone goes from 100-90 percent in about 30-45min.

at first figured maybe it was some tweak or something i downloaded from cydia so little by little started deleting everything from cydia so pretty much all i have left is cydia. i also read it could be a problem with my exchange email account deleted it reinstalled it and took all the accounts off of push and still no difference. the only last thing i can think of doing is restoring my phone but i really dont want to loose my jailbreak can anyone make any recommendations?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

You can try this and see if this work

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05...-use-ilex-rat/

will try that now looks promising

Thanks

Let us know what happens.

ilex rat worked great i removed both the cydia tweaks and completely restored the phone to new now let me see how the battery holds up the rest of the day

Thanks

Sounds good hope its all good for ya.

i feel like my phones battery was keeping up for a few hours but as soon as i did and icloud restore to get all my info back the battery issues came back. i dont know what else to do

Thanks

Wipe the phone with iLEX again, and may I suggest not restoring from the iCloud backup, but instead just manually configuring the phone with your preferences, apps, accounts, etc.?

Thanks

I agree with orby there give that a shot and ya should be good.

ok i took your guys advice and completely restored the phone and set it up as a new iphone, yet again the battery issue was still present. i was starting to think back and i feel like i began to notice the battery issue after a new carrier update came out for at&t that added the government alerts. is this possible.

so far ive completely restored the iphone (through iLex R.A.T)
    cleared out all cydia apps and tweaks
    purchased a new sim card thinking it was causing the drain
    completely drained the battery and recharged it to 100% to calibrate it
    restored the phone as a new phone no backup
    shut off LTE

the only thing i can think of that it could be is the carrier update? anyway to remove it?

if i haven't solved this problem by tomorrow i will have to upgrade to 6.1.4, i need a phone that will hold charge more then i need it jailbroken

thanks for all the help