Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
1. since I deleted iTunes in the past, I am unable to download, update or connect to iTunes. Any suggestions? (I thought it would be great to easily go to...
06-29-2013, 05:11 AM #1Just Got T-Mobile iPhone 5. Now what? Questions and problems
1. since I deleted iTunes in the past, I am unable to download, update or connect to iTunes. Any suggestions? (I thought it would be great to easily go to iTunes since it's not a jailbroken phone).
2. I miss my Cydia. What would happen if I were to install Cydia on the new phone.
3. I only got 16G. Will that be enough?
4. I use Runkeeper, MapMyRun, Endomondo to track my walks/runs. How much data will that eat?
07-04-2013, 10:06 AM #2
Thanks everybody, your help was priceless.
07-04-2013, 10:36 PM #3
I think this was probably better handled in the general iPhone forum, since none of these items are T-Mobile specific.
1) Are you referring to your computer's iTunes program? Sometimes removing iTunes doesn't remove all of the items iTunes installs.
If it's a Windows OS, you should uninstall all Apple products in your computer's Remove Programs list. Then install them again, starting with the latest iTunes (make sure you get the correct version for your processor/OS type). You may have to reinstall Windows if that doesn't work.
If it is a OS X system, you may need to find references to iTunes and related packages in other folders (google downgrading iTunes for ideas on where to look), and reinstall everything. OS X doesn't usually offer an uninstall option for iTunes or other 'default' Apple programs.
2) Unless you were lucky and managed to get a phone with 6.1.2 (very unlikely if you bought it in store recently), it won't be possible to JB currently. But if you did JB and put Cydia on it, it won't really change anything functionally unless you install packages.
3) That depends on your personal media preferences. If you like to have a lot of apps and/or video on your device, you'll need to budget your space.
I can't give you an answer to #4 as I don't use those programs.
Last edited by GenesisDH; 07-04-2013 at 10:39 PM.Member of the hackint0sh forums.
HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave