Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Few problems

Default Few problems
    Hello,

I've got a few issues with 2 iPhone 4 in front of me.

1st of all, they're both GSM models on 5.1.1 with an untethered redsn0w jailbreak. I want to restore them back to 6.1.3 but I get an error (1600) in iTunes and I've tried an alternative method using Redsn0w to restore a custom IPSW but with no luck (gets stuck on waiting for device and the device on the apple boot logo).

2nd of all, one of the iPhones I dropped and shattered the screen, managed to get it repaired but now for some reason the default camera app doesn't open (hence why I'm restoring it to 6.1.3 to see if it fixes the issue) the app opens but then gets stuck on the grey shutter screen and I can't use it. I can access the camera in 3rd party apps such as Instagram and Snapchat but whenever I switch to the front camera it stays on the front camera. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Curtis.

For the camera issue, try removing any tweak that you might have install related to the camera! I had the same problem and i uninstall )camera tweak) and problem solve!

Quote Originally Posted by Psprrom View Post
    For the camera issue, try removing any tweak that you might have install related to the camera! I had the same problem and i uninstall )camera tweak) and problem solve!
    Thanks for the reply. I've got no camera tweaks installed on my device. I'm thinking the bloke who fixed my screen has damaged the little piece thy connects both cameras, apparently an easy fix but I'm not certain.

Thanks

Curtis

Any idea on how to restore the devices back to 6.1.3?

And, how easy is it to open up an iPhone 4 to replace the front camera? (Seems like somethings gone wrong when I've got it repaired as it was working prior (even after I smashed it) so might have damaged the camera somehow)

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJT619 View Post
    Any idea on how to restore the devices back to 6.1.3?

And, how easy is it to open up an iPhone 4 to replace the front camera? (Seems like somethings gone wrong when I've got it repaired as it was working prior (even after I smashed it) so might have damaged the camera somehow)

Thanks
    That 1600 error usually means something wonky is going on either with the pwned DFU or with the APTickets... it could also be a hardware issue or some funky USB timing.

The front camera on the i4... hmm, haven't done one myself but I'm looking through a couple of manuals and it looks like the logic board only needs to be loosened not totally removed. Wi-Fi antennae, dock connector, and the rear camera all have to come out (plus the battery, naturally). Not advised unless you're an expert in the field...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

CurtisJT619 (06-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    That 1600 error usually means something wonky is going on either with the pwned DFU or with the APTickets... it could also be a hardware issue or some funky USB timing.

The front camera on the i4... hmm, haven't done one myself but I'm looking through a couple of manuals and it looks like the logic board only needs to be loosened not totally removed. Wi-Fi antennae, dock connector, and the rear camera all have to come out (plus the battery, naturally). Not advised unless you're an expert in the field...
    I'll keep trying to restore my device, just want the front camera sorted before I do it (mainly because I can completely disable the front camera via iFile so nobody uses it and puts me in a shutter lock).

I've looked about online and I'll have to create a jumper on the logic board (http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3145/frontcam.png - see picture). Is it worth doing myself (I've got no experience at all in this kind of thing) or should I pay for someone else to do it? (Think my local sidestreet repair bloke wanted 18 and 3 days when I asked him).

Thanks

Curtis

Thanks

Eighteen quid isn't unreasonable for parts and labor, methinks. However, it's not the easiest repair... so if you don't trust the repairman fully, I wouldn't do it. Same for doing it yourself--while not impossible, the risks are very steep with the thing disemboweled on your kitchen table.

Apple's fee is one hundred twenty-five quid and change for the same thing (warranty's probably considered toast on that thing), just for comparison's sake... and would likely be your only option if the repair or the device itself is massively buggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Eighteen quid isn't unreasonable for parts and labor, methinks. However, it's not the easiest repair... so if you don't trust the repairman fully, I wouldn't do it. Same for doing it yourself--while not impossible, the risks are very steep with the thing disemboweled on your kitchen table.

Apple's fee is one hundred twenty-five quid and change for the same thing (warranty's probably considered toast on that thing), just for comparison's sake... and would likely be your only option if the repair or the device itself is massively buggered.
    Not really fond of giving my phone to strangers for 3-5 days after last time, and I don't trust myself to open up the device, might just grit my teeth and ignore the front camera, don't really need it just nice to have I guess!

Got the device 2nd hand so had no warranty anyway, not going to pay Apples extortionate prices for a fix.

Thanks for the replies pal it's appreciated.