+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Deleted /private/var/stash - now what?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Now there are no native apps on my iPhone. No Cydia, no Settings, Safari, Phone, Messenger, etc, etc. This is a 4S running 6.1.2 Is there a way to restore
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Deleted /private/var/stash - now what?
    Now there are no native apps on my iPhone. No Cydia, no Settings, Safari, Phone, Messenger, etc, etc.

This is a 4S running 6.1.2

Is there a way to restore the phone and keep the same firmware/ios ? I will start over if I can. I used evas*** to JB.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

How did you manage to do that?

To answer your question though, you're gonna have to restore. There's not really anything you can do. And no, you'll have to upgrade unfortunately. SHSH blobs don't work for 6.0+ unfortunately.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

complete ignorance my friend.

I was trying to install a .ipa (never did that before) and unpackaged the file into /private/var/stash. Decided I changed my mind and rm -rf /private/var/stash/*

Foolishly I thought it was just a temporary directory for "stashing" pre-loaded apps to be installed on respring.

Now i'll be using ios7 I guess.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was going to say semirestore or ilexrat but they work on the phone,I am sure there's S/W out there that will get into it.Police Fed's all have ways of looking at the s/w f/w but really HOW MUCH do you want to spend to keep the J/B.Personally ios 7 which I have been using on i4 is somewhat disappointing,if you hate google you wont like the new safari..