+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore to 6.1.2 from 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I was kind of wondering how to do restore from 6.1.2 to 6.1.2. My iPhone is currently running little slow and I wish to restore to 6.1.2. I have
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Restore to 6.1.2 from 6.1.2
    Hi,

I was kind of wondering how to do restore from 6.1.2 to 6.1.2. My iPhone is currently running little slow and I wish to restore to 6.1.2. I have the shsh blobs saved but am kind of confused how to start the restore process as Itunes is no longer signing 6.1.2.. Please help..

Thanks..

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

Looking at ya info I know ya not on ya iPhone that ya got in ya info. Let us know what phone you have and we can go from there. Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi,

thanks for your reply. Its a iPhone 4 running ios 6.1.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naheed24 View Post
    Hi,

thanks for your reply. Its a iPhone 4 running ios 6.1.2
    The iPhone 4 fortunately can either use iLEX or a more traditional restore via iTunes. However, your saved blobs may be invalid if they were saved by Cydia's cache server or TinyUmbrella. They'll be valid if fetched via iFaith or redsn0w off of the device proper (or uploaded with either of those services). If you go with the traditional DFU restore method, use redsn0w's "Restore" functionality (Extras -> Even More -> Restore). Your device may not restore correctly if the blobs redsn0w grabs are invalid... in which case, I'd advise you use iFaith to stitch an IPSW with fetched SHSH blobs (off of your device, not from Cydia) then do a pwned DFU restore (iFaith should handle the entry of pwned DFU, then use iTunes for the restore proper).