+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone know about launch daemons?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so in trying to make my device as hard to steal as possible, and to make the thief unable to restore with iTunes. Does anyone know what launch daemon
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Anyone know about launch daemons?
    Ok so in trying to make my device as hard to steal as possible, and to make the thief unable to restore with iTunes. Does anyone know what launch daemon is responsible for connecting with iTunes? I think it may be this but I'm not sure and don't want to mess with it until I get advice.

com.apple.afcd.plist

- Deals with transferring crash logs to your PC or Mac via iTunes. If removed, device will no longer sync with iTunes and an error popping up in iTunes.

What I plan to do is create a backup in I file so I can put it back in the daemons folder when I need to sync/restore.

The reason I'm doing this is because I have icaughtu installed and I find this pointless if the thief can just restore the phone.
    Any advice? Or other ways to do this?
    iPhone 4S running 6.1.2

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, renaming com.apple.usbptpd.plist to .plistdisabled and rebooting should prevent any USB communication. I have not tried restoring with this done though. Also what ever you do, a DFU restore will still work! Make sure you have OpenSSH installed as a backup means to getting into your phone should ever get stuck on the Apple logo. If you want to do iTunes backups, setup iTunes wifi sync first.