+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help! Background changing menu without function... :(

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello there, Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I've a BIG problem. Although i didn't change anything on my jailbroken iphone for a couple of weeks now,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need Help! Background changing menu without function... :(
    Hello there,

Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I've a BIG problem. Although i didn't change anything on my jailbroken iphone for a couple of weeks now, i just found out that i can't change my background anymore. I can get into the menu for changing but when i choose one picture (doesn't matter if iOS background or own picture) i just can't tab onto either the "set" nore the "cancel" button in the "move and scale" section. These buttons don't have any function and if i double tab on those, the picture zooms in, just as if there where no buttons at all. Can anyone please help me out of this misery?
    Where can i find this menu in iFile or does anyone have an idea, what i could do?

I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 6.1 jailbroken by evasi0n.

Thanks for your support!

Patster

Foto (2).JPG

Oh sorry.. yet realised, this post was better posted in the general iphone chat section. Could a mod pleaase move it in there, if possible. Thank you and sorry for uncenveniance.
    Last edited by Patster; 05-24-2013 at 03:05 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, try it in safe mode. That would prove if it was a tweak conflict or not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

Patster (05-25-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for that tip, unfortunately it still won't work in safe mode either
    Isn't it possible to replace the whole menu with iFile? I want to change my background so badly

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, if it still doesn't work in safe mode then you may have incorrect read or write permissions on the file or folder where the wallpaper is stored. Try SBSettings, More, System Options, fix user dir permissions and reboot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

Patster (05-26-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh my gosh! You just made my day! This worked perfectly. I can change my background now. No idea, what changed these permissions though. Maybe the Simple Background tweak, which allows scrolling backgrounds ..which i deleted some time ago.

Thanks a lot, Dave!