Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sync contacts between iCloud, Mac, and Outlook.com?

Default Sync contacts between iCloud, Mac, and Outlook.com?
    Here is the basic dealio.

I'm trying to switch over to iCloud mainly. However, I use Outlook.com for my emails.

I have my calendars sync'd between my iOS devices and my Mac using iCloud. I'd like to do the same with my contacts. Here's my issue...

I need to be able to effortlessly sync my contacts from my device to Outlook.com as I am not allowed to have my personal computer or phone at work, meaning I have to use the web app for outlook.com. So if I ONLY use iCloud, then my Outlook.com will either have no contacts, or best case scenario it will be out of date compared with my iCloud.

Is there a way to import all of my contacts from Exchange to my iPhone/Mac, and then somehow have it sync to Outlook.com so all three devices can stay in step?

I hope that makes sense.

So basically I want to be able to add a contact to my iPhone, and then it automatically updates with BOTH outlook.com AND my other iCloud devices like my Mac etc.

Please note, I am NOT talking about syncing with Outlook the actual MS Office application, but rather there email service (formally known as Hotmail).

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

You're going to have to sync your contacts via Outlook Exchange. Can't get iCloud to talk to Exchange...
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

so do both basically? Is there a way that it will download and sync between both services?

What I'm getting at is, can I sync with both at the same time. Like the contacts download from Outlook then sync to iCloud
    Last edited by Matth3w; 05-19-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks

There's no way to sync iCloud and Outlook.com together. Microsoft only offers limited syncing capability with Mac OS X, so you can't use that. Outlook.com iOS's ActiveSync doesn't work in OS X. You might need to setup Gmail as it syncs well with OS X and iOS. Forward your Outlook.com to Gmail. Or, switch your email over to iCloud.

No great solution to this one either. I don't know of any third party services that can do this either.

Meh, I had Gmail but honestly the service sucked with Apple once Google discontinued MS Activesync support. For example, sending an email took about ten minutes (no issue to receive), and of course no automatic syncing either.

Thanks

I use Gmail and Google Apps both as Gmail accounts. The ActiveSync settings don'y allow for flagging.

I have my accounts set to sync every 15 minutes. You can sync contacts through Gmail using CardDAV.

Your issue with sending is something else. Gmail is typically fast.