+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I transfer music wirelessly to my iphone without using iTunes?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I hate using iTunes. I don't know why, it just makes me angry every time I need to change the music on my iPhone (4S, 6.0.1). I also have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can I transfer music wirelessly to my iphone without using iTunes?
    Hi

I hate using iTunes. I don't know why, it just makes me angry every time I need to change the music on my iPhone (4S, 6.0.1). I also have a Asus/Google Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.2.2, that I can use to download music and transfer it to/from a NAS hard drive connected to my router, using a basic file explorer app.

I was wondering, if I were to jailbreak my iPhone, would I be able to do a similar thing using the phone? i.e., could I transfer music directly from the NAS HDD, using just my iPhone, Nexus 7, or a combination of both?

I've searched using Google and the forum, but couldn't find anything that solved my particular question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If your iPhone is jailbroken, you can use iTools (free) to transfer music. You can download a copy here iTools.hk.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, on Cydia (jailbroken App Store) the file manager most people use is iFile. Once the music is transferred to your iPhone, there are several ways to import it to your music library. Gremlin, Bridge, Mewseek all work. PwnTunes is slightly different as it syncs a separate folder to your Music library.

For information on those tweaks, type them into CydiaUpdates.net