+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Enter Passcode" string not deleting???

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I've heard many people ask how to delete the "Enter Passcode" string on the lockscreen, but every single method I've tried isn't working. Manually changing the string in the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry "Enter Passcode" string not deleting???
    Hi,

I've heard many people ask how to delete the "Enter Passcode" string on the lockscreen, but every single method I've tried isn't working. Manually changing the string in the Strings.plist file doesn't change anything, using a Cydia tweak such as iStrings or MyStrings doesn't work either. Yes I am respringing after every step, I've even tried rebooting after doing all these things. No matter what I do, "Enter Passcode" still shows up every time. This is on an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 jailbroken with evasi0n, and I want to delete that string because I have a custom clock underneath the "Enter Password" that I want to show up even when entering the passcode. Did they change the location of the string? What am I doing wrong?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liquidnonsense View Post
    Hi,

I've heard many people ask how to delete the "Enter Passcode" string on the lockscreen, but every single method I've tried isn't working. Manually changing the string in the Strings.plist file doesn't change anything, using a Cydia tweak such as iStrings or MyStrings doesn't work either. Yes I am respringing after every step, I've even tried rebooting after doing all these things. No matter what I do, "Enter Passcode" still shows up every time. This is on an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 jailbroken with evasi0n, and I want to delete that string because I have a custom clock underneath the "Enter Password" that I want to show up even when entering the passcode. Did they change the location of the string? What am I doing wrong?
    You're on the completely wrong file path. You should be going to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings. Once you've navigated to this file, find the following code:

Code:
    "ENTER_PASSCODE" = "Enter Passcode";
    Change to:

Code:
    "ENTER_PASSCODE" = "";
    Once you've done this, save the file and respring your device.