Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help.

Default Need help.
    Hi everybody! I have a problem. I got an iPhone 5, on 6.1 with evasion JB, every thing worked fine until last week:
    My hotspot stopped to work, I can see it in the settings app, I can enable it and even to change my password, BUT, it's invisible for other devices (tried with my laptop via bluetooth and wifi, with other iPhones&Galaxys-nothing);I have contacted my Carrier(Orange Israel), they told me that the service is working fine and they never changed it for me,
    Tried to reset network settings- no luck, tried to erase all settings- no luck.
    I cannot restore the phone now because I'll loose my JB, so, any ideas?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that MYWI 6 app didn't helped me neither.

Anyone? Please?.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, have you tried it in safe mode?
    Also, when my Personal Hotspot fails from the Settings, Personal Hotspot menu, selecting it with the Settings, Mobile Data, Personal Hotspot menu instead brings it back on!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DC_Dave For This Useful Post:

Vladkozyrev (05-02-2013)

Did not worked in safe mode, and no luck with the long route to the hotspot in settings...

Thanks

Hi, you could try uninstalling MyWi.
    Or rebooting while holding the volume up button in. This stops all Cydia tweaks from loading.
    Also maybe try your hotspot when you are in an area with no wifi signals (or turn your home wifi off)

I know when the iPhones Bluetooth modem crashes, a respring or reboot does not reset it, you have to power off and back on... Worth trying too
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 05-02-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Hi! thanks for the reply,MyWi was removed short time after I realized it's not helping me.
    about the reboot with the volume key up - knew it, tried it - no luck.
    I am serving at the Israel Defence Force, and there are no WIFI in a radius of 15 Kiilometers(Apprx.10 miles), so no other signal could intterupt my phone.
    tried to reboot a million times now, still no hotspot.
    I thought to try the "Erase all data and Settings" buut I am afraid to lose my JB, what do you think?

Thanks

Hi, you will loose your JB if you Erase all data and Settings.
    Did you install anything new or any updates last week before this happened?

Have a look at this Cydia site over the last week to check what updates there were. It is a good way to jog your memory, and uninstall any recent updates.

CydiaUpdates.net

Also, it is a while since I changed my iPhone contract and they turned on the hotspot feature for me, but I seem to remember I had to connect to iTunes on my PC and sync or restore first. But seeing as yours was working, then maybe you need to be in a 3G area for Orange to be able to talk to your sim and turn the feature back on. Have you tried taking the sim out and putting it back in?
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 05-02-2013 at 07:51 AM.