Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP - iPhone just cycles continuously through boot screen

Default HELP - iPhone just cycles continuously through boot screen
    My iPhone 4S is running 5.1.1 and jailbroken.

Everything was fine until I recently tried to get a call recording app.

First I installed an app called Call Recorder (I think). It installed, but then wouldn't open when I tried to use it. So I searched more and installed an app called Audio Recorder. It half installed but had some errors so I figured the other app may be conflicting. I removed Call Recorder and then reinstalled Audio Recorder. It seemed to install fine but when it prompted to Restart Springboard I clicked it per usual but then the phone went into never ending cycles of Apple boot screen (unusually long period of time) and then the moving gear, and then the gear freezes and then off and cycle back to boot screen. I have tried everything I know to try. When I'm hooked up to my laptop with USB for a very brief period after the gear freezes my phone will show up in iTunes, but when I try to restore to a backup it says that it cannot because my phone has a passcode. It also shows up in iFunBox during this time and I can browse the phone just briefly before it tries to reboot and disappears. I have tried just deleting the Audio Recorder app in iFunBox but no luck.

At one point when I put it on a charging dock I have it cycled through and eventually showed an error page with code and lists of panics and the like. I have tried to replicate that to get a picture of it, but haven't been able to.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I am at a loss.

Thanks

So your iPhone is stuck cycling the apple boot screen, and when you place it in recovery mode you get an iTunes error message ?

Stephen.
    Sent by iPhone 5/ iPad Mini Combo.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iST3PH3N For This Useful Post:

jbrittmartin (04-27-2013)

Thank you for replying.

Yes it is cycling from boot screen, to moving gear, to frozen gear, to off, then comes back on and back to boot screen, etc.
    I am not sure how to place it in recovery mode. I will google that.

Thanks

I BELIEVE this happened to me once and I remedied it with installing a fresh iTunes and restoring phone from recovery or dfu mode. Hope it helps!

Stephen.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iST3PH3N For This Useful Post:

Ok so I guess I'll just try to do a fresh update through iTunes to 6.1.3 and restore from backup?

I will lose my jailbreak though correct? Will I still be able to restore from my most recent backup?

UPDATE: I successfully booted into safe mode by holding volume up on reboot.

I'm trying to uninstall the suspected apps.
    Last edited by jbrittmartin; 04-27-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbrittmartin View Post
    Ok so I guess I'll just try to do a fresh update through iTunes to 6.1.3 and restore from backup?

I will lose my jailbreak though correct? Will I still be able to restore from my most recent backup?

UPDATE: I successfully booted into safe mode by holding volume up on reboot.

I'm trying to uninstall the suspected apps.
    Awesome.

Stephen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iST3PH3N For This Useful Post:

Yeah, it worked like a charm.

Booted while holding volume up and successfully booted into safe mode. Went into Cydia and removed the suspected app and then did a full reboot and it worked. AWESOME!

I was THIS close to doing a full update and restore via iTunes, and I would've been left with 6.1.3 and no jailbreak and losing everything.

Thanks for your help and replies : )

Quote Originally Posted by iST3PH3N View Post
    Awesome.

Stephen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbrittmartin View Post
    Yeah, it worked like a charm.

Booted while holding volume up and successfully booted into safe mode. Went into Cydia and removed the suspected app and then did a full reboot and it worked. AWESOME!

I was THIS close to doing a full update and restore via iTunes, and I would've been left with 6.1.3 and no jailbreak and losing everything.

Thanks for your help and replies : )
    Glad it's fixed! And yes, staying alway from the new update made it that much sweeter.