+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone won't power up.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
HI guys, I've always had my phone jailbroken but never updated to IOS6. Anyway last night, I had left my phone on (Phone lock = turned off) i woke up
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Phone won't power up.
    HI guys, I've always had my phone jailbroken but never updated to IOS6. Anyway last night, I had left my phone on (Phone lock = turned off) i woke up and it was turned off. However i thought to my self.. the battery is dead. I put it on charge and within 1 hour still won't turn on.. So i tried all the steps holding both buttons down leaving it plugged in to the computer .. Still nothing. Just won't power on.. the computer won't even pick it up. The only thing I can do is enter DFU mode which then the computer picks it up (The screen still doesnt show anything) i tried restoring the phone but it fails. i get an error 1601 i then used Ireb but still the same problem. the phone just won't start up there is no life there. I don't understand what's wrong with it any ideas?

Because the main problem i have is i really need the photos and contact numbers off the phone but don't know if its possible since the phone won't even start
    Cheers

Thanks

With the phone in DFU you MIGHT be able to get the pictures off, when the phone is plugged in and in DFU just go to Start>My Computer and it might show up, if it does you'll only be able to get the pictures but its a start. Sorry I don't know how to do it on Macs but its probably similar.

Also, IIRC I've managed to get past error 1601 by trying a different USB port/USB cable or a different computer, for some reason my iPad always gives me problems when restoring/updating and it's always 1601/1603. It eventually goes threw, but I always have to keep trying different USB port/cable combinations.

One last thing to try if you're jailbroken trying turning the phone on and holding volume up, keep holding volume up until the phone comes on or at least until you're sure it's not coming on. That boots the phone up with no MobileSubstrate which means most Cydia tweaks won't be enabled either, if its something like that that has caused this that should fix it.

You could also try iFunbox or iPhone explorer to get your pictures too.