+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another phone won't turn on thread Sorry :(

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 4s that is jailbroken (latest jailbreak) Today it will not boot up and or turn on (nothing) It was on charger last nite I took it off
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Another phone won't turn on thread Sorry :(
    I have a 4s that is jailbroken (latest jailbreak)

Today it will not boot up and or turn on (nothing)

It was on charger last nite I took it off charger about 7-8am used it this morning for 15-30 min while off charger. I went out to cut the grass 1 hour max later I came in and the phone seems like it is off. I plugged it back into the charger for 45 minutes and still nothing. I tried different charging cable too.

What can I try to get it to turn on-boot up and keep jailbreak?
    I haven't tried it but if I can get it into DFU mode (to see if it will turn on) is there a way to exit it without losing the jailbreak? If so how?

Any other ideas on what to try?

Thanks

Thanks

So you're saying it's not booting up at all?
    Just a complete black screen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just to be sure, when you connect the phone to a computer and running iTunes, does iTunes recognize the device? If so, we can narrow it down to problem with the screen or other components.

To get out of DFU mode, you can hold both power & home buttons until you see the Apple logo on the screen then release both buttons. This won't work if your screen is not working. Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    Just to be sure, when you connect the phone to a computer and running iTunes, does iTunes recognize the device? If so, we can narrow it down to problem with the screen or other components.

To get out of DFU mode, you can hold both power & home buttons until you see the Apple logo on the screen then release both buttons. This won't work if your screen is not working. Good luck
    iTunes and or the computer does not recognize it, it seems like it is off but won't turn on.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What was the battery status when you last left it alone?

You said you connected to a charger overnight, but it may not mean the phone was charged. There may be problem with the battery or connector dock. Try to clean by using a compressed-air can and blowing into the connector dock. Hopefully, the air may clear any debris that shorted some of the pins.

You may want to try different USB cable; Or make sure that you use a known working charging cable. Also, if the battery is completely drained, it would take a few minutes (~5-10 min) to charge before you can turn on the phone.

Good luck

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Try this. Hold the home and power button for 20 seconds together, then release. Then hold home and power again for 20 seconds, release the power button, then hold home for 20 seconds. Do this while your phone is plugged into the computer. Does iTunes recognize it?

If not, well if it were me I would open it up and pop the battery out for maybe 30 minutes then pop it back in to see if the phone will then turn on. The battery is really easy to access. Youtube tutorials. The battery is the first thing that has to be accessed anyway when disassembling the device, so if you're willing to and if you get the tools to do so, try it.