Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: still lost all contacts, msgs, emails, data etc. after backing up then upd8ing to 6.1

Default still lost all contacts, msgs, emails, data etc. after backing up then upd8ing to 6.1
    hi guys... i still lost all my data even tho i backed up before updating? have a 3gs on 3.1 and after many years of happy use, decided to update to 6.1 using snowbreeze. after a successful update, while setting up phone and still connected to itunes, i accidentally chose "set up phone as an old phone" .. now my question is, did itunes restore my phone to previous settings? because after everything was said and done, i lost all data. even tried restoring again from a older dated backup, still no luck. please forgive me if i am not making sense, i have only dont this twice, the first time was a few years ago when i first gone my phone and most recently. any info is much appreciated....tnx

First of all, you should have known that iPhone data would be deleted autimatically when iOS update. Did you ever backed up your iPhone 3GS, if so, you can find your backup files and restore your iPhone from iTunes.

Backup file locations:

For XP: CDocuments and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    For Vista and above: CUsers\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
    For Mac OS:~Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

If you never have had your iPhone backed up, you still can try some third-party iPhone Data Recovery software...
    Hope you lucky!