Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone keep respring loop very fast

Default iphone keep respring loop very fast
    after installing idiotic package Gremlin2 + Springboardaccess, my iphone respring looped.
    no matter I hard reset or not, it keep respring so fast, that I couldnt connect with ssh.
    but ifunbox working, and I deleted those packages from /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries but no luck.

any help really appreciated cause I dont want to restore and lose everything.

Try to enter safe mode, install iCleaner und run it. It might help.

no luck getting in safe mode too. can i install icleaner from ifunbox in looping process?

No idea, but even if you make it, how to run it? What phone do you have?

iphone4 with 5.1.1

If you have SHSH 5.1.1 saved, than try to restore it to 5.1.1 with latest Redsnow.

Power down the phone, and hold the "volume up" button when you power it up, it will disable mobile substrate on power up and put you into safe mode on power up, from there you can go into cydia and remove it

Power down the phone, and hold the "volume up" button when you power it up, it will disable mobile substrate on power up and put you into safe mode on power up, from there you can go into cydia and remove it

booting up in safe mode with that method wont work with that firmware 6.0 - 6.1.2 jailbroken with evasion is the only way that will work as for re restore with redsnow that might be possible but if it goes wrong you will have to restore to 6.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyewrx View Post

booting up in safe mode with that method wont work with that firmware 6.0 - 6.1.2 jailbroken with evasion is the only way that will work as for re restore with redsnow that might be possible but if it goes wrong you will have to restore to 6.1.3
    It works, but it's not called "safe mode" you can still go into cydia and remove tweaks, but once you are done you have to power down your phone and reboot without holding the "volume up" button, and it will boot up jailbroken just fine, I just tested on my 4S jailbroken with evasi0n on 6.1.2, also unless he saved blobs locally, cydia lost all 6.0-6.1.2 blobs so there is no way to re-restore his iPhone 4 without upgrading the fw. And a re-restore is not possible on any newer devices even with good blobs

unfortunately, it was worst than I imagined. It didnt go to safe mode, and even so fast to be power off.

I forced to get my things manually, and then flash the firmware all again.

almost forgot; I put this info here so this wont happen to no one else:
    Gremlin2 depends on package Springboardaccess, and all the problems has been caused by installing Springboardaccess.

My advise; Dont install celeste at all, go with alternatives that are available around and much reliable.
    Last edited by teranom; 04-09-2013 at 11:23 PM.