+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP W FULL? SYSTEM PARTITION iPhone 4 - iOS 6.1.2 Evasi0n

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, i am relatively new to the whole scene. My wife and i have just jailbroken our first iPhones, the iPhone 4 CDMA through Verizon wireless. We are running iOS
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy HELP W FULL? SYSTEM PARTITION iPhone 4 - iOS 6.1.2 Evasi0n
    Hello,
    i am relatively new to the whole scene. My wife and i have just jailbroken our first iPhones, the iPhone 4 CDMA through Verizon wireless. We are running iOS 6.1.2, and have jb'd with Evasi0n.

Everything, minus the "typical" spring board crashes every once in a while, on MY phone is fine. I have numerous tweaks and quality customization has made me love the iPhone.
    My wifes iphone on the other hand has had issues since we jb'd it. We've about got it worked out, and she is excited to do more with the Cydia store, but now, we can't get any apps to download. We recieve this error while trying to download to from Cydia on her phone:

X failed in buffer_write(fd) (8, ret=-1)

...more install stuff...

X sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

My only other option after this happens and the download stops is to restart springboard. When i open cydia again, it shows either that the file/package is there (but i can't find it or run/open it) or it shows me the "install" option again.

I looked online and have tried to "refresh" the changes tab in cydia. didn't work. I have deleted a lot of third party apps, but to no avail. I have even attempted maually deleting some files (languages that I will not use) in the system partition on her phone (this actually DID create some space as shown by the Cydia app, but took forever, and makes me nervous as im not sure what i should and shouldn't delete.)

Is there some way i can take off all the bs apps we have downloaded previously to restore function to the phone? or somehow utilize a utility program that will do the work for me? I need to be able to free up a lot of space, apparently. However, my iphone has many more tweaks and apps installed than my wifes, and it is no where close to the same space-used settings as my wifes.

someone please help! i need to restore my wifes faith in apple as well as the jailbreak that i spent three weeks talking her into....

I dont know the first thing about restoring using SHSH blobs, and don't even know if its possilble... Stitching an IPSW? no thanks. any other ideas??????????????????????????????

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Third party apps in what ones?

If ya can I would try to install Icleaner on cydia and run it that if it installs for he may fix her issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You mean which repos? Or which apps?

Ill give that package download a shot; thx much. Wish me luck.

2k1
    Thanks

Good luck and yes just repos and apps what's third party. Cause some can cause these issues if not carefull

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default update
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Third party apps in what ones?

If ya can I would try to install Icleaner on cydia and run it that if it installs for he may fix her issue.
    okay i have downloaded the app you suggested on my iphone and ran it. works great. only question i have is, is there a configuration other than the default to remove even MORE junk?

also, i tried it on my wifes phone and no luck.... can i use ifile to copy it from my iphone ---> pc -----> pc -----> her iphone? where does it need to be placed? or will this even work? any ideas are much appreciated..

btw

is/are there a bunch of files i can delete from the sys partition to get the required space for this app to dl?? if so what are they?
    Last edited by juice4124; 04-04-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: extra///

2k1
    Thanks

The file is located in ifile under

Var/stash/application and just take the Icleaner.app copy it and paste it in ya wife's it way work like that. Just make sure you put it in her phone in that command line. Respring and see that may work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had the same sources on her phone that i use, apt.dmytro.me, apt.iphonemodding.com, apt.modmyi.com, apt.namedfork.net, apt.pwncenter.com, apt.saurik.com, apt.thebigboss.org, apt.zuijlen.eu, cydia.ifoneguide.nl, cydia.touch-mania.com/, cydia.winterboarder.com, copy10.com, cydia/telesphoreo, dev team, hack&dev, ranbee, srt Design Labs, pwncenter.....

actually, she didn't have half of those, but ive recently cleared the ones she did from her sources, and still have the problem. I left the defaults.

okay, i have moved the icleaner.app to her phone in the same spot it was in mine, respring, the app shows on the springboard, but when i try to open it it flashes a white screen , and wont continue to open... help??
    Last edited by juice4124; 04-04-2013 at 07:45 PM.

2k1
    Thanks

Hmmmm very weird. Icleaner work on her phone?

Should work dunno why it's doing that. Hate to say it but maybe best to restore as new phone to fix this issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Hmmmm very weird. Icleaner work on her phone?

Should work dunno why it's doing that. Hate to say it but maybe best to restore as new phone to fix this issue.

i can't do that, as there is not jailbreak for the current ios...... i will do anything to fix it. someone help!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes there is a JB for i4 on 6.1.3, but it's tethered one. That means if you turn it of and back on again, to get it back to full function, you will need every time to do the just boot connected to you PC with redsnow. Apart from that, JB on 6.1.3 works just fine.
    And from what I have seen above, your only option would be upgrade to 6.1.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, your message
    X failed in buffer_write(fd) (8, ret=-1)
    Might imply that you have a problem with your file permissions. Either with some folders of actual files. I don't know if you have SBSettings installed, but it has an option to repair some file permissions. Or you could compare your two iPhones file/folder permissions with iFile. For example, the Cydia download cache folder is at
    /var/cache/apt/archives
    By the way,if you have the Debian Saver Launch Daemon tweak installed, this clashes with Cydia downloads on iOS6

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hope this helps
    This worked for me.

open cydia-changes
    tap refresh
    now on my cydia there were two things it wanted to upgrade AppList and some Lib something
    tap the first thing on the list with a green tick on the right - remove it
    follow that step to remove the others with ticks

after that i resprung and cydia worked again.