+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T iPhone on tmobile question

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a att iPhone that I have been using on tmobile I have it unlocked from back when you could unlock 1 sim card for the iPhone.. Now since
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default AT&T iPhone on tmobile question
    I have a att iPhone that I have been using on tmobile I have it unlocked from back when you could unlock 1 sim card for the iPhone..

Now since T-Mobile going to carry the iPhone officially will I be able to update my phone officially to iOS.6 and pop any tmobile sim in it for it to work

Thanks
    I know that T-mobile is getting the iPhone 5 and I believe that they will only have support for iPhone 5 because that is the only phone they are supporting. I don't believe that they will have previous models being sold under contract. Again I could be wrong. If your iPhone is factory unlocked then it can already be updated. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,515 Times in 5,842 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caretr View Post
    I have a att iPhone that I have been using on tmobile I have it unlocked from back when you could unlock 1 sim card for the iPhone..

Now since T-Mobile going to carry the iPhone officially will I be able to update my phone officially to iOS.6 and pop any tmobile sim in it for it to work
    If your phone has been factory unlocked, you will have no issues using it on T-Mo (or any carrier for that matter) and can update the firmware with no issues.
    If what you stated about sim card unlock, I assume you may mean like a Gevey sim unlock, that would mean it isn't factory unlocked. No worries though, you can easily have it factory unlocked for about $10.00 by a Moderator here on our site that owns an iPhone repair shop.
    Here is a link to his thread.
    At&t Unlocks for sale From your Fav. MMi Mod!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks a lot will purchase in week