+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OK, so what do I do next.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys and thanks for allowing me on board. Before I go any further, I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask for answers to my particular problem
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default OK, so what do I do next.
    Hi guys and thanks for allowing me on board.
    Before I go any further, I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask for answers to my particular problem but I searched around the forums and couldn't find anywhere better where I could actually start a topic. So, if a Mod feels that there is a better place for my post where it will get more views, please feel free to move it.
    So, here I am with my new iPhone. New to me, anyway. I am in the UK and it arrived yesterday. The phone is an iPhone 3GS 16gb in white. OK, it's old but then again so am I. The PC that I use is a Mac Mini running OSX 10.8.3 running at 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo with 8 gb of RAM. I have added nothing to the PC to prepare for the iPhone but I do have a lead that connects the iPhone to the Mac.
    My question is, what do I do next?
    I don't want to do anything crazy with it like Jailbreaking. That seems to me to be a young persons game. All I really want to do is get it so the phone and PC recognise each other, add a few songs, maybe an e-book or two, add some Apps from the App store and just general things like that.
    So can anybody out there help a dyslexic old frat like me get it done?
    I'm good at following instructions,

Thanks
    Thanked 9,176 Times in 5,680 Posts

All you really need is to install iTunes on your machine, it will allow you to sync all you data to your Mac, iCloud or what ever you want to use for data back up (including contacts, calenders, music etc.).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi blkcadi,
    Thanks very much for trying. But I guess that I need to take up some "Smart phones for Dummies" lessons. The last phone that I had, a Sony Ericcson T303 was simple. I just put my SIM card into it and away we went. This one does all kinds of stuff that I can't get my head round yet. I'm gonna kill my youngest boy for suggesting that we get one of these iPhone gizmos ,
    OK, let me try again. Can anyone suggest a place that I can go to where folks will run through what I need to do, step by step, to get this blasted thing up and running?
    Many thanks,
    Steve.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, nothing specific there.....but since our beloved internet is full of information about iphones, I suggest just ask your question through google and you will get an answer ASAP....and believe me, that's the best way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for that, bbrks.
    I'll give Google a try and see what happens.
    Cheers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

In any case, better to do it yourself and for any questions you have...... I am sure, you know where to ask

Thanks
    Thanked 9,176 Times in 5,680 Posts

It really is as easy as I posted, install iTunes on your machine, plug your iPhone using the USB cord that came with it and click on Sync.