Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: update to ios 6.1.2 and givey card

Default update to ios 6.1.2 and givey card
    hello i have iphone 4 on ios 6.1, i forgot to bac up shsh before 6.1.2 closed. i was wondering if it was possible to:

update to 6.1.2 using evasion ... i found the evation this, i wasnt sure if i could do it without the shsh saved (i think i just wont be able to go back to 6.1.2 if somethin happened only 6.1 since its the only shsh i have...

downgrade modem firmware so givey card can work (unless there is another better tric to be able to use simcard from othis cell companies)

?

thanks!

Thanks

The only way you can get to iOS 6.1.2 and have an untethered jailbreak is to have the SHSH blobs saved for iOS 6.1.2 and your phone. No blobs, no go.

The short answer on modem firmware downgrades: no. You may want to look into an IMEI unlock for your phone--prices vary wildly depending on what carrier your iPhone is locked to. If the carrier in question can't/won't unlock it themselves, you may want to look into the moderator here Cowboy's "iDeviceGuys" or the Chronic Dev-Team member "Chronic Unlocks" services and see if they can help you out.