+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE PLEASE HELP with iPhone Music!!!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all!!! Everyone here has been THE BEST help anyone in the cyberworld, so I am reaching out to the experts out there before I go crazy! I have an
    iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation PLEASE PLEASE HELP with iPhone Music!!!
    Hello all!!!

Everyone here has been THE BEST help anyone in the cyberworld, so I am reaching out to the experts out there before I go crazy!

I have an iPhone 4s on 5.1.1 and recently got a new laptop and need to move via iTunes or any other recommended medium to iTunes or the hard drive on this computer. All my music (2,300+ songs organized in playlists etc which is my most important thing in my life) is on my iPhone, but not recognized in the order it is etc on my phone.

Anyway, THE PROBLEM is...
    I recently wanted to free up some memory and thought that I would delete (via iFile) the music files I had downloaded from Mewseek, Pandora Downloader, Grooveshark etc. I deleted these files in iFile and it didn't show much improved memory, so I deleted the trash out of iFile also to see if that was preventing the memory increase. Little did I know and to much agony, I lost all of these songs (hundreds). They still show on my iPhone, but when I try to play they do nothing or skip to another song. What makes it worse, ALL of my music has seemed to lost all of the Album Art, much of which I had to search and find art for as it wasn't purchased from iTunes.

Is there a simple enough way or set of instructions that I can follow to:

1.) recover my music with playlists etc.,
    2.) recover the Album Art that took forever to customize
    3.) OR, how can I move/sync what is on my iPhone to my computer iTunes. I understand that the iTunes sync function will replicate my phone to reflect what iTunes shows and as I mentioned, with this computer, none of the music is on the hard drive. I would like to move what's on my phone to iTunes where I can modify there. I have majority of it on my old laptop, but haven't backed up to restore etc in quite a long time.

I know you all out here are much more experienced and have a level of knowledge that I can only dream of, so I APPRECIATE ANY HELP ANYONE CAN OFFER!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
    Last edited by donkeylarry; 03-27-2013 at 04:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you tried an app like Recuva or undelete on your computer? It all depends on how much you have written or deleted files on your computer. When a file is deleted, the file data itself is still there until its overwritten. Try one of these apps. Maybe you can get the files back .

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had similar ML problems only mine always originate from iTunes lol. Sharepod is the fastest way to rip all your media off to a PC. It's lightweight and fast with no install needed. It will also preserve your ID3 tags. iTunes will find most of your artwork for you provided you have the right names of albums and artists on the ID3 tags of your tracks, and your signed in to apple. As for the playlists I'm not sure. But as a fellow music junkie I know where your coming from. If you have any questions just ask
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

What iFile did was deleting the actual music files, but it didn't update the music database files. Thus, when you selected a deleted song to play in the music app, it couldn't play that song, so it would jump to the next available.

So, it seems like your playlist database is corrupted. And, the instructions below is a manual method to fix using iTools app. What I'm suggesting to do is save a copy of the existing music files on the iPhone to the laptop. Then use iTunes to manually add and sync the files back. This way it will repair the database.

1. Download iTools from iTools (select English version, I assume) to the laptop
    2. Connect iPhone to laptop and exit iTunes if it's automatically launch.
    3. Run iTools (it should detect the iPhone)
    4. On the left pane of iTools, select music (I don't have iTools running, so I'm going off memory)
    if you don't see music, click on each choice on the left then on the right pane it will display additional selections.
    When you select the correct choice, on the right it would show Ringtones, music .... etc
    5. Select Music, it will list all the available songs in the middle pane
    6. Up in the middle top, click on Export then follow instructions to choose the folder and songs that you want to export.
    In your case, you want to select all the songs. Since you have a lot, it may take a while to export.
    7. After the exporting is done, close iTools
    8. Launch iTunes and check Manually manage music (I don't remember the exact location for this)
    9. Open the folder contains music files. Select all files and drag it to iTunes. If you have a certain order for the files, you need to
    individually drag them in that specific order
    10. Click on Sync in iTunes.

Good luck....

Thanks

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!!!

I haven't been able to try yet (crazy busy weekend) but hope to dive in tomorrow and get it all straightened out.

You guys are the best! I'll give you a heads up when it's all fixed!!

Happy Easter and thanks again!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

UPDATE... does not work, sorry
    Hi, if your music App songs are still on your iPhone then saving and then deleting the three MediaLibrary.sqlitedb files at
    /var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes and then rebooting will regenerate your music library.
    You could also try installing Cydia tweak myTunes. This will make a myTunes folder in your Media folder and populate it with links to your songs from your music library after a reboot.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-01-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks

I have everything pulled and saved from iTools and it looks like it should work well! Only have possibly re-organize some of the music.

Dave, curious about your mention of "saving" then "deleting" the three sqlitedb files?!?!? For example, I thought that might be an easier and quicker fix, so I tried renaming the sqlitedb files (BackupMediaLibrary.sqlitedb) etc and rebooted and once I did and went back into the Music App, there was "NO CONTENT" and all the music was gone entirely. Thankfully going back and renaming brought it back to the previous state.

Did I miss something in your idea?!?

Thanks for your help! Confident the iTools will inevitably work, but just wonder about the deletion of the sqlitedb files if its that easy!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, sorry about that, deleting the 3 MediaLibrary.sqlitedb files and rebooting is only useful if you have some Gremlin imported songs you can't get rid of. An iTunes sync is required afterwards (presuming you have your music on your PC). I will look into it further, I was sure I have rebuilt my music database before with some sort of reboot process.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 04-01-2013 at 03:56 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Be careful with using iTunes sync feature. If not perform properly, it could delete all the music files not purchased in iTunes. That was the reason, I recommended to save the files to your laptop first. That way anything inadvertently happened, you have a way to restore. Good luck ...