Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me! iPhone 5 on 6.0.2 problem!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have an iPhone 5 that I got from Apple today when I swapped my old iPhone 5 in. It is on 6.0.1 so I jailbroke it. I have not upgraded to 6.1.3 yet because there is no jailbreak. Now I an stuck because the backup on my old iPhone 5 was from 6.1.2 so iTunes wont let me restore from a backup. And I already jailbroke so I cant restore an iCloud backup. ANY advice on what I should do? Thanks!!!!!

Any way I can run SetupAssistant? I have seen it sometimes when barrel was run but I dont know how to automatically make it appear so I can run it. Any advice would be great! Thanks
    Last edited by sami4021; 03-22-2013 at 06:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sami4021 View Post
    I have an iPhone 5 that I got from Apple today when I swapped my old iPhone 5 in. It is on 6.0.1 so I jailbroke it. I have not upgraded to 6.1.3 yet because there is no jailbreak. Now I an stuck because the backup on my old iPhone 5 was from 6.1.2 so iTunes wont let me restore from a backup. And I already jailbroke so I cant restore an iCloud backup. ANY advice on what I should do? Thanks!!!!!
    If your goal is to get to 6.1.3 and by your tone I think it is, uninstall Cydia then try to restore through iTunes on your PC or Mac.
    It should not let you do a restore so at this point all you have is a brick. No operating system so it can't boot-up. Go back to an Apple Store and tell them your phone won't boot up and they will put a new system on for free. You will lose everything after uninstall but your only other option is to keep the phone the way it currently is. Your welcome.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I am trying to get my 6.1.2 backup somehow on my iPhone 5 I got today that is on version 6.0.2. And I think with iCloud I can do that. BUT I made a mistake and jailbroke already. And I cannot access SetupAssistant anymore to restore from iCloud backup. This is what I am trying to do. I am not trying to upgrade t 6.1.3 because i wont have a jailbreak if I do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't see any other alternative at this point, but to go to 6.1.3 unless you like what you have now, I feel your pain sorry.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Dang there is no other way possible? I guess ill wait a day and if there is a way I will do it. Otherwise to 6.1.3 I go. I just want all my information back on the phone. But I guess if I have no other choice. Ill give it a day. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There is a way!

1. Close iTunes
    2. Find info.plist in the folder containing the backup you want to restore.
    3. Open it in Notepad.
    4. Do a find for Build.
    5. Change the values for Build Version to 10A525.
    6. Do a find for Product.
    7. Change the values for Product Version to 6.0.1.
    8. Save the file and close it.
    9. Start up iTunes and go for the restore.

If you're on a Mac, the plist is also in the backup folder, but much easier to edit once you open it up. Just change the values to those mentioned above.

Hope you see this in time! (It works, I just had to do the same for mine, same iOS version,...except I'm having an issue with Messages not being restored. I'm not sure if it's related to this. If you still get a chance to do this, I'm curious to know the outcome please. Thanks!)

Oh, and the versions I posted are assuming your post is correct and not the title of the post.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azmar1 View Post
    There is a way!

1. Close iTunes
    2. Find info.plist in the folder containing the backup you want to restore.
    3. Open it in Notepad.
    4. Do a find for Build.
    5. Change the values for Build Version to 10A525.
    6. Do a find for Product.
    7. Change the values for Product Version to 6.0.1.
    8. Save the file and close it.
    9. Start up iTunes and go for the restore.

If you're on a Mac, the plist is also in the backup folder, but much easier to edit once you open it up. Just change the values to those mentioned above.

Hope you see this in time! (It works, I just had to do the same for mine, same iOS version,...except I'm having an issue with Messages not being restored. I'm not sure if it's related to this. If you still get a chance to do this, I'm curious to know the outcome please. Thanks!)

Oh, and the versions I posted are assuming your post is correct and not the title of the post.
    So it worked!! Someone as told me this at the jailbreakqa forums haha. But yes I did lose my messages and was wondering if there is any way possible to get them back on the phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool...thanks for the update. I still haven't figured out how to get the Messages restored...if I find a solution I will post it here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried many different things but none successfully restored messages to the 5. Returned it.