+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: whats new around here, help!!! been gone too long

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi.. was a long time iphone user that made the switch to an s3 to check it out. Happy to say I am back with a 5. Just wasnt feeling
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default whats new around here, help!!! been gone too long
    Hi.. was a long time iphone user that made the switch to an s3 to check it out. Happy to say I am back with a 5. Just wasnt feeling the android thing.. but thats another topic.

Anyhow, I had quite the list of cydia apps / tweaks built up before switching... but can't remember half of them and some mmay or may not even apply or be necessary anymore.

I read through 30+ pages of modmyi articles to try to feel out whats new and stuff but it would take hours to cover the last year or however long its been since I left my iphone!!

Can anyone share some of the latest and best tweaks, or fill me in on the current version of stuff I had.

Heres the things I remmebered having

sbsettings - so nice to have everything right there. is there something like that for notification center? seems like when i left there wasa all sorts of them, curious as to what stuck around and improved
    Winterboard / dreamboard - still the only optinos for theems? anything better out there?
    notifier or notified or something - for status bar icons. driving me NUTS not having them. is that around and compatible still, or anything better?
    quick reply - i see irealsms is around, cant remember if i used bitesms or that one.. they both seemed good before
    mywi - is this even needed? or is tethering included with plans these days (im on a corporate plan grandfathered into unlimited)
    callbar - thi swas just coming out, was a cool tweak.
    browsers - i saw some recent stuff about chrome, anything else out there whether it be cydia or app store?

thats all i can realy think of. i know i had ton of little system tweaks for changing things like the lock screen, carrier name, etc

sorry to ramble on. i know i can google all of this but theres so much info out there (mostly ppl asking questions).. just looking for a quick run down of what i missed and what the new "MUST HAVES" are for jb iphones.

THANKS!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As far as sbsettings, get ncsettings. It is a great sbsettings replacement in your notification center. On SMS, bitesms is fantastic. Winter board is still relevant. I just returned from a 2 year android hiatus so I'm in your boat. Good luck getting caught up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

SBsettings still works in your notification center and personally I think it's better still than NCsettings. Barrel is a cool tweak to check out as is Springtomize2 and Auxo. Barrel is a bunch of cool page transition animations for your icons. Springtomize2 is a "Swiss army knife" of tweaks. Auxo is your appswitcher remade and works great when paired with Zypher, another pretty awesome tweak.
    iPhone 5c - iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,455 Times in 6,381 Posts

SBSettings has a nice memory leak

Barrel sucks up battery

Auxo has a nice memory leak too
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5kylar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    SBSettings has a nice memory leak

Barrel sucks up battery

Auxo has a nice memory leak too
    I don't notice any battery issues or memory leaks. My phone runs fine and I got a hell of alot more on it then just that stuff installed.

Edit: Ok so I've been testing out what you said. Yes barrel uses quite abit of extra battery. I can't find a mem leak in Auxo or SBsettings at all. My RAM levels out at 315-320 on my iPhone4.
    Last edited by 5kylar; 04-04-2013 at 12:11 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Batterydoctorpro for nc toggles/battery app/free ram toggle etc,brilliant tweak.
    I dont use ncsettings or springtomize anymore as they were both giving me battery woes on iphone 4,6.1.2.
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You may want to check out the following two articles:

The best jailbreak tweaks for iPhone

The top jailbreak tweaks of 2012