+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS boot: Apple logo appears, then empty status bar very briefly, then spinning circle

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, all. I've been on here since the first iPhone days. But this one has me stumped. I am trying to get a 16GB iPhone 3GS (i don't know the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, all.

I've been on here since the first iPhone days. But this one has me stumped. I am trying to get a 16GB iPhone 3GS (i don't know the firmware, because it won't boot) to start up.

First, when I was given the iPhone, I could plug it in and all it would do is flash the apple logo and then die. This would happen all night long IF I left it plugged in. I diagnosed that the battery was dead.

When I replaced the battery, the boot behavior changed. Now it boots to the apple logo, then the status bar appears below it (like you are restoring or upgrading the OS) After a second or two, both disappear and the spinning circle appears.

I know the power button works, because it responds to the power button when I touch it. The home button seems to work, as if I hold it down as I plug in the cord (to get it to recovery mode), it'll stay no the apple logo as long as I hold in the button. As soon as I let go, the process starts.

I am very comfortable putting things in DFU mode using buttons, but I can't get this one to go to DFU.

Help anyone?

Michael who still remembers jailbreaking iOS 1.x

And somehow I got it into recovery. It's restoring right now.
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 03-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!