Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS boot: Apple logo appears, then empty status bar very briefly, then spinning circle

Hi, all.

I've been on here since the first iPhone days. But this one has me stumped. I am trying to get a 16GB iPhone 3GS (i don't know the firmware, because it won't boot) to start up.

First, when I was given the iPhone, I could plug it in and all it would do is flash the apple logo and then die. This would happen all night long IF I left it plugged in. I diagnosed that the battery was dead.

When I replaced the battery, the boot behavior changed. Now it boots to the apple logo, then the status bar appears below it (like you are restoring or upgrading the OS) After a second or two, both disappear and the spinning circle appears.

I know the power button works, because it responds to the power button when I touch it. The home button seems to work, as if I hold it down as I plug in the cord (to get it to recovery mode), it'll stay no the apple logo as long as I hold in the button. As soon as I let go, the process starts.

I am very comfortable putting things in DFU mode using buttons, but I can't get this one to go to DFU.

Help anyone?

Michael who still remembers jailbreaking iOS 1.x

And somehow I got it into recovery. It's restoring right now.
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 03-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!