Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: View/recover photos and videos from iphone backup folder on Windows?

Default HELP: View/recover photos and videos from iphone backup folder on Windows?
    Hi all,

This is my first topic here. I am desperate and donīt know how to recover my files... I had all videos and pictures of my 1year old son stored there!

I updated my iPhone 4 software and since these update I can not recover my backup files to the phone.

I found the backup folder, but all the files are stored in a diferent file format (maybe encripted, I donīt know much about it...)

So, what I need now is some way to recover my photos and videos from the backup folder on my notebook.

Please, does anyone here knows how to do it?!?!?

Thanks in advance

There are plenty of iTunes backup extractor software out there. A while back I used iPhone Backup Extractor (free version), and it only allow me to backup a few files at a time. I didn't have that many to extract, so it was fine. Below is a download link:

iPhone Backup Extractor - CNET Download.com

Also, you may want to copy the backup and run extractor on it, just in case. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by guilherme27 View Post
    Hi all,

This is my first topic here. I am desperate and donīt know how to recover my files... I had all videos and pictures of my 1year old son stored there!

I updated my iPhone 4 software and since these update I can not recover my backup files to the phone.

I found the backup folder, but all the files are stored in a diferent file format (maybe encripted, I donīt know much about it...)

So, what I need now is some way to recover my photos and videos from the backup folder on my notebook.

Please, does anyone here knows how to do it?!?!?

Thanks in advance
    How did you lose your pictures and videos? You deleted them?