+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS6 picture message messed up?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey y'all. Jailbroke my iPhone 5 with evasion on the newest firmware. Everything was running well, except the weather app was crashing, which was fixed through third party means because
    Thanks

Question iOS6 picture message messed up?
    Hey y'all.
    Jailbroke my iPhone 5 with evasion on the newest firmware. Everything was running well, except the weather app was crashing, which was fixed through third party means because UIKit was not showing up in my cydia.
    BUT, I just noticed when I go through the photos app and I try to send pictures through text, it tweaks out and basically becomes unusable. Look at the pictures below.. Any ideas?? Could it be due to a package I've installed?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iOS6 picture message messed up?-photo-1.png   iOS6 picture message messed up?-photo-2.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Seems like you're not the only one with this problem, I've actually just found this issue too about an hour ago, not sure what's causing it, what tweaks do you have installed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dan2007h View Post
    Seems like you're not the only one with this problem, I've actually just found this issue too about an hour ago, not sure what's causing it, what tweaks do you have installed?
    It's so frustrating when sending pictures!
    I have: AppList, BigBoss Icon Set, Cydia Installer, Cydia Translations, evasion 6.0-6.12 untether, mobile substrate, NCSettings, Substrate Safe Mode, Type Status, WeePreferenceLoader. And I know "third party" talks are prohibited on the forum, but I think it contributes to the topic. Regardless, I also have installed: adblocker, appcake, app sync for ios 4.x-6.x, iOS 6.x weather app fix, pandora skip, "third party" repo icons, "third party" iphone repoprep, "third party" security.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hmm strange, I've just removed AppList, Type Status, AppCake and ******* for 4.x-6.x from my iphone and still no change. Not sure what else to suggest at this point, but the packages I have installed are:
    Activator, AppList, Ayecon (theme), Big Boss Icon set, biteSMS, Bridge, CleanStatus, cydia installer, cydia translations, evasion 6.0-6.12 untether, iFile, Mobile Substrate, MuteIcon, NONoNotifications, Protube 2, SBsetings, Springtomize, Substrate safe mode, Subtlelock, Type status, winterboard.

Could even be an iOS bug but I doubt that to be honest. The only thing I can think of is that it could be caused by the evasion package.

Thanks

Hmm strange, I've just removed AppList, Type Status, AppCake and ******* for 4.x-6.x from my iphone and still no change. Not sure what else to suggest at this point, but the packages I have installed are:
    Activator, AppList, Ayecon (theme), Big Boss Icon set, biteSMS, Bridge, CleanStatus, cydia installer, cydia translations, evasion 6.0-6.12 untether, iFile, Mobile Substrate, MuteIcon, NONoNotifications, Protube 2, SBsetings, Springtomize, Substrate safe mode, Subtlelock, Type status, winterboard.

Could even be an iOS bug but I doubt that to be honest. The only thing I can think of is that it could be caused by the evasion package.
    hmm thats so weird.. did you ever figure it out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nah I didn't, done some searching on google and a few people have had the same problem, and by the look of things they're all jailbroken, one person was jailbroken with no tweaks installed so god knows what's causing it, yet restoring fixes the problem, even after jailbreaking again.

Thanks

Nah I didn't, done some searching on google and a few people have had the same problem, and by the look of things they're all jailbroken, one person was jailbroken with no tweaks installed so god knows what's causing it, yet restoring fixes the problem, even after jailbreaking again.
    dang that bites.. What sucks most is that this is such a big forum, yet no one has a fix for this or any input.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A a r o n View Post
    dang that bites.. What sucks most is that this is such a big forum, yet no one has a fix for this or any input.
    I have this issue aswell.... It used to be ok, but I did recently install AppCake and downloaded a couple things through that...

It also does it if I try to send via email... Via tweeter seems to look ok

Picture attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vath; 03-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've got this same issue too. And now that iOS 6.1.3 is out (and the signing window for iOS 6.1.2 is closed) we don't really have the option to "restore to fix it for awhile, until it inexplicably returns." That sucks.

So now I am uninstalling tweaks one-by-one to try and figure out the culprit, and nothing appears to be helping. My pet theory right now is that some popular tweak we install has some dependency installed along with it, and uninstalling via Cydia doesn't remove it; that dependency is left behind as cruft. And that's what's causing the issue.

I do hope we're able to definitively figure out what's causing it, because it sure is annoying, and then perhaps the developer responsible for the code behind it can fix it.
    Last edited by Fofer; 03-20-2013 at 07:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think it's AppCake or ******* that's causing the problem, I restored a few nights ago and installed everything apart from AppCake and it was fine, day after installed it and straight away noticed it had happened again. Not sure what's left behind after removing it but I'm sure it's that (unless someone who hasn't touched AppCake has the same issue?)

Thanks

I have never installed AppCake and have the same issue. Perhaps it's some dependency that's installed along with it? Have you tried uninstalling it and then running iCleaner Pro to remove unused dependencies?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's funny you say that because I got rid of AppCake the other day and ran iCleanerPro (but didn't select "unused dependencies) and I just read your reply and though I'd run iCleanerPro but I thought I'd check to see if the problem was still there before I done it and its back to normal, how strange.

Thanks

Wow, so the issue is gone for you -- without having to restore? I believe that's the first time I've read of someone being able to fix this vexing issue without restoring. Everyone's saying restoring is necessary (without actually knowing specifically what caused the issue, or what to avoid installing to keep it from reoccurring.) And now that iOS 6.1.3 is out (without a jailbreak) and 6.1.2 isn't being signed any more by Apple, restoring and rejailbreaking isn't exactly an easy option.

Anyway, the way I check for this bug is I go to Photos, select an image, click on the Share icon, tap Mail, and then tap in the body of the message to pull up the keyboard. That's when I see the keyboard shifted up to the middle of the screen. (If I start from the Mail app and insert photos that way, the keyboard is positioned correctly.)

I have uninstalled (rhymes with) AppThink, and a bunch of other non-essential tweaks, and ran iCleaner Pro. Rebooted the iPhone. And tried again. The keyboard is still shifted. GAH!!!

I have never installed AppCake. I sure would love to know what's causing this...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah it's really strange, I was even thinking if restoring the night 6.1.3 for released to fix the issue but never got round to doing it before the signing window closed.

What I normally do is go to photos, select an image, share with message and that's where it always used to mess the keyboard up (and mail of course too, just like you said, and it only happened when going through the photos app).

I'm gonna take a risk and try to make it happen again by installing AppCake and app'think' and see if that causes the problem again,

I'll report back in a minute.

UPDATE: Okay just installed them both and still normal, resprang, rebooted, still normal. Uninstalled both and resprang, still normal :s

Another thing I can think of that might have fixed the issue for me was that using iCleanerPro, select "languages to remove" and select all but the languages you need or want, I selected all, then used the "Remove languages" function (not in test mode, but you can if you want to restore them later) and let it do its thing and reboot.

That was the last thing I did before noticing that the problem was fixed (also removed iPad images, and disables some launch daemons, I can list them after if this doesn't work)
    Last edited by dan2007h; 03-21-2013 at 11:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is frustrating... i tried a bunch of things including UNinstalling Appcake and a couple things with ICleaner Pro with, but no luck.

I thought that deleting images might be the thing to do, because i really only think my picture/message keyboard issue stated AFTER i saved a couple of weird sized pictures off of a website...

Thanks

I tried everything (removing all suspected tweaks, fiddled with iCleaner Pro, etc.) and nothing worked. Restoring (now that 6.1.3 is out and the signing window on 6.1.2 has closed) isn't an option and even if it were, I'd be concerned the issue would come back, since we don't know the cause.

In any case, I just managed to fix it.

Go to Cydia and install Flex (if you don't already have it, it's worth it. Powerful, extensive utility for tweaking ALL sorts of things.)

Go into Flex, and under Springboard, install "Fullscreen Apps (iPhone 5.)" Then be sure to tap the checkmark to enable it... and reboot.

Now test by going to Photos, sharing a picture via email... you'll see the keyboard is no longer positioned in the middle of the screen! Huzzah!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey everyone, I have found a WORKING SOLUTION that doesn't require you to buy flex!

All you need is ifile, or ifunbox to go through the system files.

First of all, if you have what rhymes with 'app link' installed, uninstall it for now.

Then go to \private\var\mobile\caches
    Delete the following files..
    com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
    com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
    Then REBOOT

Once the device is loaded it will only show stock apps, DO NOT WORRY, your apps are SAFE. Give it 10-15 seconds and all your apps will re-appear exactly the same way as they were before.

And that's it, the issue is fixed.

Now you can re-install 'app-link' (if it happens again, then simply remove it and do the same again as it's likely an issue with that. If you have never installed it, then this will still be a fix for you.

Let me know if this has worked for you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the flex fix definitely works... and definitely worth it in my eyes.

good work finding another fix dan

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah flex does work but only masks the issue rather than fixing the core problem. Don't get me wrong flex is great but for those who don't want to pay out for it there's a real fix now

Thanks

Interestingly enough, this is the EXACT same fix for two other issues:

iCloud Tabs not syncing: [General] Icloud tabs don't work whit jailbreak - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums

Weather app crashing: [iPhone] [Guide] Evasi0n Weather App fix - MacRumors Forums