Results 1 to 20 of 20

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia keeps opening iTunes on it's own!

  1. #1
    Default Cydia keeps opening iTunes on it's own!
    Hi

    So I open Cydia, then click on a tweak page (lets say a Zepplin addon) where you can install/purchase. Next thing Cydia redirects/closes the current page im on then opens iTunes and takes me to a game (candy crush).

    This has happened about 10 times since last night, I'm on a fresh JB with evasi0n 1.5. All my tweaks installed are iOS6 compatible, I read on google it might be something to do with the video ads in Cydia.

    Anyways has anybody else experienced this issue? And a fresh restore/JB doesn't make a difference, this still happens on a fresh JB before any Cydia tweaks are installed. It's very annoying too.

  2. #2
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    This happened to me a couple of times. Like ya said its just ads.

    Open cydia click the mange tab and then top left click settings. Make sure ya got developer clicked and hit done.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    This happened to me a couple of times. Like ya said its just ads.

    Open cydia click the mange tab and then top left click settings. Make sure ya got developer clicked and hit done.
    No it's not actual ads how your thinking, like the iTunes game candy crush is not showing as an ad on Cydia. It's not a normal thing for Cydia to close and iTunes to open on its own taking me to a game, besides you usually have to click on an ad in Cydia for it to take you out of Cydia to the ad you click on and I'm clicking on no ads at all. Also I have no control over this happening and in the years I've used Cydia this has never happened until now.

    Also doesn't matter which option you have selected, user/hacker/dev this issue still occurs.

    It's def a bug that needs fixing.
    Last edited by Baz L; 02-28-2013 at 04:47 AM.

  4. #4
    I've seen a few occurrences if this too. Very odd.

  5. #5
    This happened to me a couple of times. Like ya said its just ads.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by nrbxbuev View Post
    This happened to me a couple of times. Like ya said its just ads.
    It's not just ads, it's a problem with Cydia. Something is triggering iTunes to open and as I said above it shouldn't be happening.

  7. #7
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    I sent a message to a couple people on twitter about this hopefully ill git a reply back from them.

  8. #8
    This just started happening to me yesterday. I was updating packages in cydia. The first one I updated was the evasi0n package from 0.3-1 to 0.4-1. That's when I noticed itunes opening by itself. At first I thought that I tapped an ad by mistake, but it kept happening all by itself. I just stared at cydia and after a few seconds it just happens. Never did this before updating the evasi0n, so I think that's where the problem is.

    Anyone confirm my thoughts?

    Cheers!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    This just started happening to me yesterday. I was updating packages in cydia. The first one I updated was the evasi0n package from 0.3-1 to 0.4-1. That's when I noticed itunes opening by itself. At first I thought that I tapped an ad by mistake, but it kept happening all by itself. I just stared at cydia and after a few seconds it just happens. Never did this before updating the evasi0n, so I think that's where the problem is.

    Anyone confirm my thoughts?

    Cheers!
    This is becoming quite an annoyance now to be honest, yesterday it happened at least 10 times, feels like every time I'm in Cydia it's happening.

    I also tweeted planet and Saurik but no response, whatever is causing it I hope will get fixed ASAP. Even on a freshly JB iPhone 5 with evasi0n it happens. :/

  10. #10
    same problem here.

  11. #11
    I just uninstalled Atom and now i have the same problem...never happened before.

  12. #12
    This has been happening to me too, I installed the repo to install Sara then it started popping up whenever I tried to install it through search, If I install it from sources it works fine, But if I search for it iTunes comes up...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz L View Post
    Hi

    So I open Cydia, then click on a tweak page (lets say a Zepplin addon) where you can install/purchase. Next thing Cydia redirects/closes the current page im on then opens iTunes and takes me to a game (candy crush).

    This has happened about 10 times since last night, I'm on a fresh JB with evasi0n 1.5. All my tweaks installed are iOS6 compatible, I read on google it might be something to do with the video ads in Cydia.

    Anyways has anybody else experienced this issue? And a fresh restore/JB doesn't make a difference, this still happens on a fresh JB before any Cydia tweaks are installed. It's very annoying too.


    install nocyadd and it will be solve your problem

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,215
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts

    Yes this is so f....ng annoying.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  15. #15
    Bad gateway for nocyadd any help ?

  16. #16
    Anybody know why this happens it keeps opening up app store as well

  17. #17
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England (leeds)
    Posts
    1,614
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

    I believe that if you have a hack source on that begins with is******i then this is what is causing the problem. I am not 100% but I seem to remember reading it somewhere.

    Just my 2p

    Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

  18. #18
    I dont ive done a full restore and jailbreak and still happens

  19. #19
    I think it is just certain repos and I installed NoCyads which helped a bit. It got to the point that I could not do anything because iTunes kept opening. I am still getting ads but I can maneuver through it now. Very frustrating.

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tiababy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Farnborough
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 395 Times in 118 Posts

    It's every time Cydia loads a link to anything hosted by modmyi for me. Safari/chrome also do multiple pop ups and open AppStore when I'm browsing this forum. It's really irritating.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •