+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Seemingly random (or not) resprings

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Seemingly random (or not) resprings
    I recently decided that I would ditch my alarm clock and use my iphone 5, docked in a speaker dock. I am on jailbroken 6.1.2. In order for the alarm clock app (App Store) to play music on wake up, the app has to be running in the foreground. So, I start app, put in dock, press sleep button, when alarm goes off, music plays and all is right in the world, except that itís 6 a.m. and I have to wake upÖ but I digress.

Hereís the problem. All is not right. Iíd wake up after 6 a.m., realize that the alarm didnít go off. Iíd check my device and find that it had resprung so the app was no longer running in the foreground. The next night, when I put the phone in the dock and started drifting off to sleep, it woke me up with a respring, seemingly when the battery had reached 100% charge. Same thing next night. I tried some testing but couldnít narrow the problem down to a specific app/tweak that was installed. Iíve tried with different alarm clock apps and had the same issue. Last night I tried it without the dock, just plugged into the Apple charger. After I fell asleep, a respring woke me up, charge was at 98%. I unplugged from the charger, restarted the clock app and went back to sleep. In the morning, alarm didnít go off and device had resprung. Any ideas on how to diagnose and fix this? Iíd really like to use my device as my alarm clock (waking me up with music, not iOS notifications), but I need to stop the respringing madness!

Here are the cydia packages I have installed:

Action Menu
    Activator
    AllMail
    AppList
    AutoProtect for iOS 6
    BigBoss Icon Set
    biteSMS
    Cydia Installer
    Cydia Translations
    dba-tech Common
    Default HD SBSettings
    Evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2 Untether
    IconLock
    LockInfo5
    Mobile Substrate
    SBSettings
    Sbsettingstoggles
    Serious SBSettings HD
    Substrate Safe Mode
    WeePreference Loader

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, just after posting this, I discovered that the native Alarm app now supports playing music on alarm. This solves all my problems, since it doesn't need to run in the foreground (so resprings won't affect that) and it overrides do not disturb. Now if the iOS alarm only had functionality to gradually increase alarm volume, It'd be perfect. But I'll take what I can get.