+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 with Dashboard X & .deb files

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Salutations guys, I have two questions, one concerns Dashboard X. I'm using it with few widgets, but whenever my phone restarts the dashboard, or itself, or is sleeping for longer
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 5 with Dashboard X & .deb files
    Salutations guys,

I have two questions, one concerns Dashboard X. I'm using it with few widgets, but whenever my phone restarts the dashboard, or itself, or is sleeping for longer time, my dashboard items are all mess, always moved in a different place.

Secondly, how do I get .deb files to iPhone? I tried about 5 ways, one through file manager, through iFile, iFun, etc. Any bulletproof tutorial out there?

Thank You for Your eventual replies,

regards

uplink

Thanks
    Thanked 5,638 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uplink-svk View Post
    Salutations guys,

I have two questions, one concerns Dashboard X. I'm using it with few widgets, but whenever my phone restarts the dashboard, or itself, or is sleeping for longer time, my dashboard items are all mess, always moved in a different place.

Secondly, how do I get .deb files to iPhone? I tried about 5 ways, one through file manager, through iFile, iFun, etc. Any bulletproof tutorial out there?

Thank You for Your eventual replies,

regards

uplink
    I have Dashboard X on my i5 6.1 with no issues using the standard widgets within the iOS.

It restarts fine and there is no mess as u have pointed out.

It isn't another JB tweak conflicting with it possibly?

Maybe disable your tweaks to narrow down what is causing the issue if possible.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

uplink-svk (02-23-2013)

Thanks
    Hmm, I'll try that. I moved a bit more forward. I have another question. Is there any way how I can back up completely my phone. With everything, I mean jailbreak, all packages installed and all sources, so it'll keep them intact?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,638 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uplink-svk View Post
    Hmm, I'll try that. I moved a bit more forward. I have another question. Is there any way how I can back up completely my phone. With everything, I mean jailbreak, all packages installed and all sources, so it'll keep them intact?
    Never the jailbreak. It's only applied to a firmware if it's jailbreakable. More of an after process when you have updated your firmware. The JBs use different exploits as Apple patch them usually with new/future firmwares released.

It's a downside with Jailbreaking as you are left on a specific firmware while Apple keep rolling out new firmwares consistently. Eventually apps require newer firmwares. My 4S is on 5.1.1 but my 5 is on 6.1 both jailbroken. Best of both worlds in my opinion (IMO)

You always have to run Cydia to prepare your file system once jailbroken. What you can do before you decide to update your firmware & lose your jailbreak is to backup your tweaks. I have xBackup from Cydia to retain my tweaks on their servers so once I update I can rejailbreak & put my phone back to how it was but on new firmware. There are probably other options but that works for me.

Cydia will remember your purchases even when u update so it's just a process of going thru Cydia once updated and jailbroken.

Also if you run WinterBoard themes or custom image mods I make sure I rip them out of my phone to my desktop to keep them to put back into the device later. Those directories are gone after you update.

See how u go, hope that helps...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

uplink-svk (02-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thank You very much for great reply, really appreciated it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to uplink-svk For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (02-23-2013)