+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I set a hostname for my iPhone 5?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys ... I have an iPhone 5 (jailbroken and at v6.1 firmware), and I want to set the hostname for it, so that whenever I connect to a Wifi
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can I set a hostname for my iPhone 5?
    Hi guys ... I have an iPhone 5 (jailbroken and at v6.1 firmware), and I want to set the hostname for it, so that whenever I connect to a Wifi network, I can access the phone using its hostname.

Right now by default, the hostname is not set to anything, so whenever I have to access my iPhone from another machine, I have to manually go into the iPhone's Wifi settings and see what the current IP is. This is very silly and lethargic as I have to do this many times daily :/

So is there any way I can set the hostname on my iPhone to something (e.g. AHMADKASIPHONE), so that I can just use that hostname to connect to my iPhone ? I read somewhere that I can configure the DHCP settings and set the hostname in 'Client ID' there, but this doesn't seem to work for me :/

Any other way ? Maybe a jailbreak tweak ?

EVO
    Thanks

you need to change "name" of your iphone to the same as in the Client ID, then sync it to the phone, then "Renew Lease" from Wi-Fi settings and you "should" be good to go