+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to force Bluetooth 'Forget this Device' to work? Problems with BT since 6.1.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
iPhone 5. Was at 6.1, very stable with ~35 tweaks installed. I have a Pebble, and it worked as it was supposed to, no issues. Last night, I backed up,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Any way to force Bluetooth 'Forget this Device' to work? Problems with BT since 6.1.2
    iPhone 5. Was at 6.1, very stable with ~35 tweaks installed. I have a Pebble, and it worked as it was supposed to, no issues. Last night, I backed up, upgraded to 6.1.2, restored, and rejailbroke. Immediately afterwards, the Pebble worked fine as well (showed bluetooth notifications of texts I was receiving.) So I go about reinstalling my Cydia tweaks, and each time I respring I get the popup from the pebble wanting to establish a Bluetooth connection, which I allow every time. After installing 10-12 tweaks (none of them Bluetooth related at all) I notice my pebble doesn't reconnect. I go into the bluetooth settings, and try to manually connect to the Pebble and it fails. So I go to try and remove the Pebble from the list of Bluetooth items and it won't remove. Every time I click 'Forget this Device' it goes back to the main Bluetooth page and the Pebble is still listed there.

So I reset all Network settings. It's still there. Reset ALL settings. Still there. I restore to a fresh copy of 6.1.2, restore all my apps from an iCloud backup, and re-jailbreak. The pebble is working fine again, so I go about reinstalling Cydia tweaks again. Each time I respring I make sure the Pebble is working. I get about 10-15 tweaks in again (different order this time), and the same thing happens. Pebble refuses to connect, and my iPhone refuses to forget the device in the Bluetooth list. This time it was working fine before I installed CallBar, but wouldn't work afterwards. I uninstalled Callbar and the problem persists. The first time, I didn't even install Callbar, so I'm reasonably sure that's not the issue.

I'm able to make a bluetooth connection with a set of headphones, so it's not a systemwide bluetooth issue, and I'm able to connect my Pebble to my iPad, so I don't think it's an issue with it. None of the tweaks were causing problems in 6.1, so I find it hard to believe that they are causing the issue in 6.1.2. As I said, none of them have anything to do with Bluetooth except for BTNotificationEnabler, but I didn't even get a chance to install that one before the problem started. Does anybody have any ideas that I can try to make it forget the Pebble and hopefully reconnect it again?

TL;DR Does anybody know how to make my iPhone actually forget a bluetooth device when pressing 'Forget this Device' doesn't actually work?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Nacho For This Useful Post:

PlatinumEagle (05-02-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi el nacho i have a similar issue, could not forget the device , what I did was uninstall Auxo and I could forget the device and reinstalling it again, i recomendyou unsistall one by one of cydia tweaks until you see which one is, or reinstall ios 6 and forget this device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    First step, ensure before you start installing the Cydia stuff that you forget / remove the pebble and any other bluetooth device. Turn any device that might want to connect off.

Complete the full process of installing all your Cydia packages without connecting any bluetooth device.

Once fully complete do a reboot. Then search and pair your bluetooth device as normal.

Thanks

I'm having same problem with iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1 refusing to forget BT device nor will it connect to BT device.
    Pain in the arse.
    What's up with that?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, this iOS6 compatibility list might help

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=600

There is a tweak called BluSelect 5.0+ which can unpair devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alsoga View Post
    Hi el nacho i have a similar issue, could not forget the device , what I did was uninstall Auxo and I could forget the device and reinstalling it again, i recomendyou unsistall one by one of cydia tweaks until you see which one is, or reinstall ios 6 and forget this device.
    Thanks for the reply. I have heard from other sources that it most likely is Auxo that is causing the problem. I've heard that if you reboot into safe mode, you can forget the device and reconnect it. There was just an Auxo update today, so hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
    First step, ensure before you start installing the Cydia stuff that you forget / remove the pebble and any other bluetooth device. Turn any device that might want to connect off.

Complete the full process of installing all your Cydia packages without connecting any bluetooth device.

Once fully complete do a reboot. Then search and pair your bluetooth device as normal.
    Thanks for the advice. I actually already did this a couple of days ago, and so far it's been working alright. Aside from the fact that the Pebble is a steaming pile of **** and disconnects randomly, everything works as it's supposed to. At least now the problems I'm having aren't jailbreak related.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default bluetooth pairing
    Quote Originally Posted by thebtman View Post

I also removed auxo and then i was able to remove the device and re-sync

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can shut down your iPhone then start it holding volume up key. Then you will boot into an unjailbroken-like system, then you can try forget the device.
    Works for me. Hope it can help you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eightsheep For This Useful Post:

lateadopter (03-22-2013), PlatinumEagle (05-02-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightsheep View Post
    You can shut down your iPhone then start it holding volume up key. Then you will boot into an unjailbroken-like system, then you can try forget the device.
    Thanks, this worked for me! I'm sure it is Auxo causing the problem but I didn't want to uninstall, forget the device, then reinstall to fix it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@El Nacho & eightsheep : Thanks for your tips, my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.2 had this problem too, i tried in Safe Mode like you suggested and it works, so thanks a lot because this is the only place where i found a solution and i was near to restore and lost my jailbreak !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eightsheep View Post
    If you have SBS Settings, press the Power button and choose "Safe Mode" - when it restarts you will be able to go into Bluetooth and remove problem devices. Then exit Settings, swipe across the top of your screen and choose to restart springboard.

I had the same issue with a JBL Flip that kept pairing with my phone when I came home. I also have Auxo installed. After i read your suggestion about the volume button, I thought the Safe Mode method might work and be a little faster. Seems to do the trick.