+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Make Gmail as Deafult" Tweak - settings issue

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently installed the "make gmail as default" tweak that was hosted on the MMI repo. I went to install it on my wife's iphone but noticed it was no
    Thanks

Default "Make Gmail as Deafult" Tweak - settings issue
    I recently installed the "make gmail as default" tweak that was hosted on the MMI repo. I went to install it on my wife's iphone but noticed it was no longer available. After looking at my phones settings I noticed that the "Mail, Contact, Calendars" preference bundle is no longer visible in my Preferences app. If I restart into safe mode it shows up again. It was there last night because I was doing a lot of account settings and setting up my contacts to sync via google. This morning I installed the tweak and then later noticed the issue. I assume that is why it has been pulled from the repo.

Is there any thing I can do to fix the settings bundle issue? I really don't want to have to restore/re-jailbreak.

iPhone 5 ATT - iOS 6.1

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,334 Times in 5,978 Posts

You can set any setup email account as your default right from the settings app.

Why would you need a tweak??

Just uninstall the tweak.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You can set any setup email account as your default right from the settings app.

Why would you need a tweak??

Just uninstall the tweak.
    The tweak was to make the gmail app as the default rather than the stock mail app. Basically what the browser choose tweak does but for email apps.

Uninstalling the tweak did not fix the settings app issue. The "Mail Contacts Calendar" button is not there. I have to go into safe mode to see it and make changes.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 02-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks

Ahhh, I see.

There is a new email client coming out called Mailbox, you can get it from the App Store, but have to wait for release.

Anyway, have you tried rebooting a couple of times?

Go into settings -> general -> reset and try "reset home screen".

Be careful not to touch the top 2 options.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

I have rebooted, respringed and looked at the settings plist file in comparison to my wife's phone and didn't notice anything different. It would appear it has something to do with mobile substrate which is why the settings are there in safe mode but reinstalling mobile substrate didn't help.

Thanks

**Update**

Turns out it was a corrupted LibHide preference file. After disabling all mobilesubstrate addons and enabling them one by one that narrowed it down. Deleting the preference file fixed it.

Thanks

Nice work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    **Update**

Turns out it was a corrupted LibHide preference file. After disabling all mobilesubstrate addons and enabling them one by one that narrowed it down. Deleting the preference file fixed it.
    I'm assuming this is the reason why it's not currently in Cydia? I initially passed on this tweak until I read enough positive reviews but until now I haven't really seen any. Hopefully they're working on the fix and it'll be released soon.

Thanks

I have been looking for a tweak like this since the 2.0 release of the gmail app. I had emailed the developer of browser chooser the day before this popped up in cydia but it wasn't there for more than 12 hours. I'm wondering if I could have fixed the issue and left it installed but now I can't get it anymore.