Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it worth updating????

Default Is it worth updating????
    I'm still on IOS 5.1.1 and iv been toying with the idea of updating to IOS 6.1.1. Iv spent a lot of time (and money!!) downloading tweaks and mods to get my iPhone 4s the way I want it and I'm worried if I do update I will not be able to get all my stuff back. After reading most of the treads on here it seems there are still a lot of stuff doesn't work with IOS 6.1.1. So in short is it worth it?? Peace

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...owsperpage=250

This is a spreadsheet that you can see what tweaks ya got they will work on 6.0 and you can see what ya wanna do with it but yes does take some time to redo it but that's the fun part.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

RobbyJ (02-19-2013)

Thanks mate this is very helpful will this spreadsheet be updated as bugs are fixed and the tweaks and mods become available on IOS 6?

Thanks

Yes it will be

Look around first though as there seem to be some bugs that need ironing out... I've had issues with Bluetooth and backing up via iTunes

Thanks

6.1.2 is out now...might want to wait as 6.1 window is now closed...

Cheers guys looking at the spread sheet I'm going to wait until perpage HTML works because I use the animated HTC weather widget. Once all the bugs are ironed out ill upgrade. Unless anyone can suggest another app that I could use to get the widget to work??

Thanks

Sounds like a good idea

I wouldn't update. There are a lot of tweaks that I miss that are not supported for iOS 6, or even iOS 5

Thanks
    Thanked 6,310 Times in 2,100 Posts

I'm still on 5.1.1 for my 4S. I won't be updating. I have a 5 on 6.1 & the amount of issues or incompatibilities is significant IMO.

Just seems iOS 6 is more difficult for all the JB stuff to run on. A lot of the tweaks still need updated.

5.1.1 is a walk in the park compared to 6 if u ask me.

Just my thoughts tho!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

I agree, from everything iv read about IOS 6 there does seem to be a lot of compatibility issues with a lot of the tweaks I use. I also heard rumours that when the iPhone 5s comes out it will be running IOS 7?? So by the time my contract is due an upgrade I'll miss out on the whole IOS 6 altogether! Fingers crossed the devs crack IOS 7 by the time I upgrade anyone els heard any rumours about the 5s?? Because I could be totally wrong??