Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Deleted Something off iPod touch- can't restore

Exclamation Deleted Something off iPod touch- can't restore
    Hello i have an iPod touch 4g ios 6.0.1. ive deleted something while in ifunbox, or moved it, im not sure as to what i deleted, something either from /var/mobile or /logs or /log but im not sure :'[
    the only problem is i cant go into DFU mode because The power button on my ipod is broken..

Then screen is generally black but i can use tunyumbrella to put my ipod in recovery mode, when i try restoring normaly through itunes i get an error 21, but ive found out if i try to restore to an old ipsw like ios 6.0 itunes will give me the expected 3914 it will kick my ipod out of recovery into an apple boot-- sometimes it will show a progress bar, for awhile or only briefly. it never moves just a blank bar then it will go away to the apple logo..then the apple logo will go away to a back light screen without the apple logo then the apple logo will come back - im asuming its trying to boot

i can still get ifunbox to recognize it while its doing its boot tantrum but im not sure what to look for or how i could fix this..
    Last edited by mudderz; 02-15-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: info

Thanks
    I don't think you can point to a previous iOS ipsw version once it's no longer being signed, even with SHSH blobs saved (though you might be able to downgrade with Redsn0w (I have a 4S, so I haven't used Redsn0w in forever and am not certain what it's doing for downgrades now. Check their site.)

However, if you're using TinyUmbrella to get into DFU mode and then trying to restore via iTunes, make sure that within the Advanced Settings in TinyUmbrella you have uncheck the box "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" before you restore via iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Overgauge View Post
    I don't think you can point to a previous iOS ipsw version once it's no longer being signed, even with SHSH blobs saved (though you might be able to downgrade with Redsn0w (I have a 4S, so I haven't used Redsn0w in forever and am not certain what it's doing for downgrades now. Check their site.)

However, if you're using TinyUmbrella to get into DFU mode and then trying to restore via iTunes, make sure that within the Advanced Settings in TinyUmbrella you have uncheck the box "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" before you restore via iTunes.
    Well that's not really what im trying to do the only resin i was pointing to the previous ipsw was to take my device out of recovery which TinyUnbrella lets your do alreddy

Bump please help x[