Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird keyboard issue

Default Weird keyboard issue
    Does anyone know why my keyboard jumps to the middle of the screen when I try to share stuff, send pics, email attachments? iPhone 5 -imageuploadedbymodmyi1360886177.859793.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Very weird ya jailbroke? Any tweaks?

Ya jail broke, winterboard, 5 icon, infinifolder, maybe a few more. I'm not running any themes it keyboards or anything like that.

Thanks

If ya go into safe mode with sbsettings does it still do that?

I'll have to get sbsettings and try it. Does sbsettings have a option to enter safe mode?

Thanks

Yes after it's installed open it up. Bottom right hit the power button and click safe mode.

This is what my sbsettings Looks like -imageuploadedbymodmyi1360902604.267472.jpg

I got it into safe mode but does the same thing
    Last edited by starkall; 02-14-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    This is what my sbsettings Looks like -imageuploadedbymodmyi1360902604.267472.jpg

I got it into safe mode but does the same thing
    Having the same issue!! Wonder why it's doing this..

I have same issue ... iPhone 5 JB
    if u power down phone normally then power on phone with start button ... as soon as u see apple icon, press and hold up volume button.
    That will load your phone without running any tweak extensions ... like safe mode
    I did this and tried to share webpage and issue was still present ... so i know it wasnt any tweaks.
    I also could not get my weather to work on iphone, even after loading all the updates in cydia.
    My friend also had the same two issues .... he re-jailbroke his device with the latest version of evasi0n and all is working for him

So it looks like i will be going the same route...
    That issue must be caused by a jailbreak ... i used the first JB tool released ...

So to re-jailbreak, I have to reset everything to factory and then jb and download all my stuff again right?

Ya restore in itunes ... then JB ... then test sharing .. u should not see the bug
    then start restoring or use Pkgbackup to restore

Please let us know how u make out

i just followed my instructions above and i am good to go !! ... no more KB bug with showing up in the middle of the screen

I restored and re jail broke, fixed it

And my weather works now as well

Let me know if the bug comes back and how did u restore ... did u restore from PKGbackup and apple backup in itunes or u installed everythign fresh?
    My bugs came back after being fine for some time ...

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    I restored and re jail broke, fixed it

And has the issue remained fixed? I ask because I have the same issue -- and I want to know if it's worth starting over, and restoring my iPhone and rejailbreaking for!

Thanks for any information.

I tried everything (removing all suspected tweaks) and nothing worked. Restoring (now that 6.1.3 is out and the signing window on 6.1.2 has closed) isn't an option and even if it were, I'd be concerned the issue would come back, since we don't know the cause.

In any case, I just managed to fix it.

Go to Cydia and install Flex (if you don't already have it, it's worth it. Powerful, extensive utility for tweaking ALL sorts of things.)

Go into Flex, and under Springboard, install "Fullscreen Apps (iPhone 5.)" Then be sure to tap the checkmark to enable it... and reboot.

Now test by going to Photos, sharing a picture via email... you'll see the keyboard is no longer positioned in the middle of the screen! Huzzah!

Thanks

You can fix this by installing Screen Extender and then checking MailCompositionService and SocialUIService

Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    You can fix this by installing Screen Extender and then checking MailCompositionService and SocialUIService
    This worked perfectly! Thanks!