+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dissapearing Icons

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently updated a bunch of base jailbreak Cydia packages on Saturday, including evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether, Activator, and a few others (I'm not sure what all). I had to Restart
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Dissapearing Icons
    I recently updated a bunch of base jailbreak Cydia packages on Saturday, including evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether, Activator, and a few others (I'm not sure what all). I had to Restart iPhone and when I did all the App Store apps I had such as FaceBook and Pandora that weren't in folders had disappeared while the ones inside the folders were left alone. I tried seeing if any of my JB programs like SpringBoard had hidden them and the only thing I've found is a bunch of icons that have a "?" inside are turned "on" and I cannot turn them "off", I'm assuming it is my missing apps. I've tried different cache cleaing apps like iCache and iClear but to no avail. The only way for me to open these apps is to delete them with iFile and then redownload them and open them from the App Store, just opening them from there doesn't work. I even Google'd the problem and only found things dating back to early 2012. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks

I encountered this problem when I installed ProTube 2, without having YouTube installed first. I uninstalled ProTube and my apps came back. I then installed YouTube then ProTube and everything was fine.

Did you install a tweak that alters an AppStore app, without having that app installed first?

Thanks

Have you tried syncing with iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've synced with iTunes and I didn't download any app-altering tweak. I just updated some tweaks and they pulled a Houdini.

Thanks

I just experienced the same issue.

I tried reinstalling AppList... And that fixed it!! Lucky guess

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I both reinstalled and removed, resprung, and added AppList again. No change...

Thanks

U on a 4S? Just do a clean restore and upgrade to 6.1.1, pray it doesnt happen again

Thanks
    Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,853 Posts

I have had this happen also on 2 occasions, a re-boot brought them back. I chalked it up to the jailbreak. Since a couple off updates in Cydia it has been stable since.