Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 quarter of the screen diplayed in top left corner

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry iPhone 5 quarter of the screen diplayed in top left corner
    This is what happens to me after I reboot my iPhone 5.

I need to respring to get it working again, but the only way for me to be able to respring at this point is to reinstall something from Cydia...

Anybody else experienced something like this before? (I mean I've seen it before, but not on the iPhone 5).

Thanks

I had that happen after installing the "More Icons" tweak.
    For me, it was likely conflicting with the Five column springboard, Five row dock, and/or Five row switcher.
    I did a hard reset (hold power and home button till the device shuts off), then boot to safe mode (hold the volume up button while powering on the device, and continue holding till it boots).
    Once booted to safe mode, launch Cydia and go to
    Manage > Packages and remove More Icons or whatever tweaks you installed prior to your screen issue.
    Cydia will restart springboard afterward. Now, reboot the device.
    Go back to Cydia and grab SBSsettings for quick access to a respring function.
    Hope this helps...
    Last edited by crankz1; 02-10-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks

Yes I do have all those tweaks you mentioned. Thank you for you valued advice.

I was also suggested to install UIDevice Crasher from Ryan Petrich repo which I did and this is what I get tho:

-img1664.png

I'd prefer to keep all these tweaks :P hence I'm contacting all the devs behind all my tweaks.

Luckily I don't need to restart my phone very often.

No telling... With the i5 just now hitting the jailbreak scene, there's plenty of stuff needing updating, to play nice.
    I don't have biteSMS. I got the whacked-out screen directly after installing More Icons, and rebooting.
    Uninstalled it, rebooted, and my phone was happy again.

The latest update for More Icons *should* resolve this reboot issue. However, it seems my license server is having issues right now, so you might not be able to get it to work yet.

It was an exciting 99 cents... let me tell ya! (Already owned Shrink)
    I'll give it a little while, and try it out later.
    Five column SB, Five icon dock\switcher have been suiting me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crankz1 View Post
    No telling... With the i5 just now hitting the jailbreak scene, there's plenty of stuff needing updating, to play nice.
    I don't have biteSMS. I got the whacked-out screen directly after installing More Icons, and rebooting.
    Uninstalled it, rebooted, and my phone was happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3200 View Post
    The latest update for More Icons *should* resolve this reboot issue. However, it seems my license server is having issues right now, so you might not be able to get it to work yet.
    Thanks for taking your time checking this. Are you 100% sure that More Icons caused this?

Quote Originally Posted by crankz1 View Post
    It was an exciting 99 cents... let me tell ya! (Already owned Shrink)
    I'll give it a little while, and try it out later.
    Five column SB, Five icon dock\switcher have been suiting me.
    I already owned shrink too, but I kinda liked this one. but then again Shrink only shrinks icons.

Quote Originally Posted by zYxMa View Post
    I already owned shrink too, but I kinda liked this one. but then again Shrink only shrinks icons.
    Likewise. I only mentioned Shrink because owning it offered the discounted price of $.99 for More Icons.

I had the same problem and it was caused by moreicons, removed it and problem fixed, phoenix3200 knows about the problem and will get it fixed

I just had the same quarter screen issues. Seems to be a few apps causing conflicts with my iphone 5