+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I find out what is in "other" category (from itunes)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
In itunes, at the bottom, it shows how much space is used on your phone. There is a category "other" that is eating almost 2 gig of space. Apple is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can I find out what is in "other" category (from itunes)
    In itunes, at the bottom, it shows how much space is used on your phone. There is a category "other" that is eating almost 2 gig of space.

Apple is useless in telling me...they said its an app, but I found a pretty interesting way of trying to ID which app it might be that's hogging the space... in itunes, you can start deleting apps one by one from the "iphone" in itunes without "applying the change" and watch the space decrease for each of the categories, like apps and other. I did this for every app on my phone, and the other only dropped down to about 1gig. therefore, it's not an app.

I'm now jailbroken iphone 5 on ios 6.1, and want to explore the system. can someone either tell me where to look, or what it might be?

I have iExplorer, but is there a better app for exploring the files/sizes on the phone?
    Thx

Thanks

You can't, that first 1 GB, are some files used by IOS which can not be neither explored nor deleted. The rest are, I would guess, some kind of temporary files used by applications.