+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot add modmyi repo to cydia, causes "wow you exceeded the number of package" error

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have other repos installed but they are all stable. when i try to install the modmyi repo, i get the "wow you exceeded the number of package names this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cannot add modmyi repo to cydia, causes "wow you exceeded the number of package" error
    i have other repos installed but they are all stable. when i try to install the modmyi repo, i get the "wow you exceeded the number of package names this apt is capable of" error. what should i do?

thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How many repositories do you have installed? Cydia package list is limited. I was having the same problem and ended up having to bite the bullet and just remove a few repositories until I no longer go the error. A lot of repositories don't "clean up" and remove out dated, unused, or duplicate packages causing a lot of clutter. So unfortunately until repositories archive better or Saurik changes the way Cydia handles or compiles the lists we're just going to have to deal with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem. I got this error, "wow you exceeded the number of package names this apt is capable of", I only had about 14 sources so I deleted 3, modmyi being one of them. Everything worked then. Now, when I re-add modmyi source, but I get the same error. However, I can add any other source without error.
    I only have 10 sources, hardly the limit. Why is modmyi exceeding the package limit????

Any thoughts?

If you used evasion to jailbreak, as I did, this may be the cause.

How to Fix "You Exceeded Number of Cydia Packages" Cydia Error
    Last edited by JonnyDelux; 04-10-2013 at 01:32 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Delete other repos you would be surprised how many packages come in the 3 main repos

Thanks
    Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,853 Posts

Odd that our repo is installed by default when jailbreaking, did you delete ModMyi?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Sounds like he did

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the same issue. I had to delete some sources and it worked. By the way, to reinstall the modmyi repo, you cannot just add the source as you do with other sources. Open Cydia and let it finish loading. On the Cydia homepage, scroll down to 'More Package Sources' and select it. You should see, under 'Default Sources'. Tap on Modmyi and you will get a message confirming if you want to add the modmyi source. Tap Ok and the modmyi source will be added. Hope this helpsCannot add modmyi repo to cydia, causes "wow you exceeded the number of package" error-img_3020.png

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ageel For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-31-2014)