Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia showing evasi0n 6.x untether update but...

Default Cydia showing evasi0n 6.x untether update but...
    This is a minor niggle but i wanted to check if anybody else sees this...

I restored my ip5 to 6.1 then jailbroke with evasi0n, all went smoothly and now i have untethered jb.

But on the Cydia icon on my homescreen there is a number 1 badge showing for 1 update available, when i go into Cydia it's for the evasi0n 6.x untether tweak. From what i understand this tweak is for people coming from an older tethered jb so they can become untethered without re-jailbreaking.

So why is Cydia showing this as an update for me? should i hit modify and update?

I know im untethered already as i have checked, it's just got me wondering if something might have been missed on my device when i did the jailbreak, and its annoying me having the notification badge on Cydia.

Again a minor niggle but im scratching my head lol.

Thanks.

i think we will had that
    ive installed it safely and so have others

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jess1976 For This Useful Post:

Baz L (02-05-2013)

You installed/updated it after you already did the untethered jb with evasi0n?

I got the same thing and it updated safely. No worries.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSerendipity For This Useful Post:

Baz L (02-05-2013)

OK and this was after you already had untethered jb working? sorry to re ask just want to be sure lol

Thx for the answer

Yeah, it was already working. I'm thinking everybody is probably getting the update. You should be good to go!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSerendipity For This Useful Post:

Baz L (02-05-2013)

weird as the description says its just for users who are coming from a tethered jb, o well thank you sir!

on my iPhone 4, it was working fine after I jailbroke. Then, I saw the upgrade from Cydia. I proceeded the install thinking it was some minor fixes that Evad3rs put out. After that my iPhone got stuck at Apple on bootup. Several hard resets (home+power) would occasionally fix it. So, I had to do a clean restore then jailbreak again