+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4S trouble

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello i use an iphone 4S jailbroken 5.0.1 OS, I bought it from my friend last month and he was using his network provider by 'sam' software. my provider was
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4S trouble
    Hello i use an iphone 4S jailbroken 5.0.1 OS, I bought it from my friend last month and he was using his network provider by 'sam' software. my provider was not the same and it was not taking the network even after doing 'sam' procedures. I read from some blog , to update the sam as the solution for this and uninstalled it from cydia in order to update it. After removing , by accident i clicked 'restart springboard' and phone ended in Activation screen. Again after reading some blog , I came to know we can by pass the activation screen by removing the setup app from application using a i-filebrowser. After doing this i get only a black screen with apple logo - please help how to get rid of it.when i click home and sleep button together i can hear screen shot tool working at this mode.
    I also am not able to restore the ios using itunes

Please help , thanks a lot in advance

If i am at the wrong place , please guide me how to start a new thread --> I am new to this forums n stuffs , thanks

Thanks

So I went ahead and moved this thread to the proper forum, mmk?

--Okay, I think that removing the "setup" app and SAM were probably not wise ideas. The phone is "deactivated" and now will need to be re-activated using the correct (i.e., the network the phone is locked to) carrier. However, since I don't think iPhone 4S units can be "hacktivated," you'll need a SIM (alive or dead, doesn't really matter) of the network you're trying to activate with. That, or you can purchase a "factory unlock" for your phone that will remove the requirement for a specific SIM card, thus allowing any (including your) SIM to activate and work with that iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello ,

Thanks , but i donno which carrier it was , is there a way to find it out? is there anyway i could restore ios 5.0.1 ? then try to jailbreak it by redsnow+sam?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The apple store can tell you what network a handset is locked to. Oh and make sure you have your SHSH saved