Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble Installing Apps

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
First post, so excuse the lack of info. iPhone 4 5.1.1 jailbroke. Can install apps via Appstore or VShare without a problem, but cannot install apps from iFile (via VShare)
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Trouble Installing Apps
    First post, so excuse the lack of info. iPhone 4 5.1.1 jailbroke. Can install apps via Appstore or VShare without a problem, but cannot install apps from iFile (via VShare) or from IpaInstaller in terminal. The error i get is "MobileInstallationInstall: failed with -1" this happens to any app that I have tried to install this way. On my pc i have numerous apps from backups.

Past problems: Almost bricked phone so i restored which forced me to upgrade to 6.0.1 which i then downgraded back to 5.1.1 This problem didnt exist before the restore.

Used to use ********** before it shutdown. Also iTools cant install any apps either.
    Tried apt-get install, update, and upgrade and nothing works.

Error comes from "(hostsname)-iPhone:~ root# installipa -f /var/mobile/Library/appvv/vtok.ipa
    MobileInstallationInstall: failed with -1

Failed to install Vtok (v2.9.2)." happens no matter what app i try to install

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Please read the forum rules. Mmi does not help with piracy or cracked apps on the site.
    Thread closed.