Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't restore - not enough space on new iPhone5

Default Can't restore - not enough space on new iPhone5
    Hi Guys

Need some help please, I just upgraded my iPhone 4s 32gig to a iPhone5 16gig, long story short I had a lot of photos and video on my 4s that I wasn't planning on transfering to my 5 and I have a backup on my PC that contains everything and I can't restore it to my iphone5 because of the size of it.

It didn't occur to me before I backed up I should have removed the photos then but stupid me I didn't now I am stuck with this mess. I don't own the 4s or any ios device with 32 gig or I would have restored to it and then removed photos and backed up again but thats not an option now.

Can anyone please give me any advice or help me sort this? Ideally I would need to remove video/photos and then restore the rest to my iPhone5.

Help

Thanks

Stu

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Use juicephone or iphone backup extractor to extract the photos and anything else you may need from the backup file.

Thanks for the reply, apart from being able to extract photos is there an app where I can remove the items from a backup to make it smaller so I can reload it on my iphone5?