+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Do I Delete Number From Verizon iPhone 4 Or Stop All Tracking Methods?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My cousin had lost his iPhone a month ago when we were drunk at my house and I found it today. He said I could keep it, I know it's
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How Do I Delete Number From Verizon iPhone 4 Or Stop All Tracking Methods?
    My cousin had lost his iPhone a month ago when we were drunk at my house and I found it today. He said I could keep it, I know it's disabled so it's basically useless but his phone number is still on the phone. I'm scared Verizon will track it down and say it was stolen, which it wasn't. I've got it set to Airplane mode with just the WiFi on. I just jailbroke it. Is there anyway I can remove his number or possibly block/remove the Verizon network association all together so that it is just an iPod using something from Cydia or any kind of method? Also, will me downloading apps, signing into Facebook, and other things with my personal info, sent to Verizon so that they can track me using that?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You go to the store with your cousin and he can authorize them to un-blacklist it. The phone can be used as soon as he verifies he's the original owner of the device. Simplest fix you'll find.

Aside from doing that, Verizon isn't going to hunt you down and take the phone from you. There isn't a need to be so paranoid about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You go to the store with your cousin and he can authorize them to un-blacklist it. The phone can be used as soon as he verifies he's the original owner of the device. Simplest fix you'll find.

Aside from doing that, Verizon isn't going to hunt you down and take the phone from you. There isn't a need to be so paranoid about it.
    Thanks so much, really put me at ease!'

So me using my apple ID with my info, my facebook, my email etc., is not sent to Verizon or Apple? I'm asking because if it was they would instantly know who I am
    Last edited by CrossBones3129; 01-05-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks

It shouldn't be an issue. Like I said, the best way is to just get your cousin to verify and unblacklist the device to avoid any uncertainty. If you choose not to do so, well it's likely not an issue but that's always something you're taking a risk on. Like I said though, they don't go hunting down people unless police is notified by the owner of the device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    It shouldn't be an issue. Like I said, the best way is to just get your cousin to verify and unblacklist the device to avoid any uncertainty. If you choose not to do so, well it's likely not an issue but that's always something you're taking a risk on. Like I said though, they don't go hunting down people unless police is notified by the owner of the device.
    Thanks one again! I live in a small town and if the cops would happen to come, I know them all real good.

Thanks

Then it shouldn't be a problem for you