+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4s Stuck in Dock mode, volume button does not work

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a Iphone 4s, Jailbroke Firmware 5.1.1 Here is what I have done so far Replaced Charger/Docking port Rebooted, Hard reboot Put in and out of Air Plane mode
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4s Stuck in Dock mode, volume button does not work
    I have a Iphone 4s, Jailbroke Firmware 5.1.1 Here is what I have done so far

Replaced Charger/Docking port
    Rebooted, Hard reboot
    Put in and out of Air Plane mode
    Turned volume up and down in setting - Sounds and turned it off and on
    Plugged into dock several times

All these things have been unsuccessfull, the symptoms of the issue are

Hit the up or down button the speaker icon appears but does not have a status bar for the level of volume, speakers work fine when in setting-sounds and adjusting the volume. From searching the internet this seems to be a common problem with a bunch of guessing to fix it. Have I looked in the wrong places is there a sure fix for this?

Also if you hold down the home button and get Siri to pop up then hit the volume buttons on the side of the phone it works like it should but when Siri is gone then goes back to not working. This issue causes the phone not to ring you can not turn the volume up but does vibrate.

Any Suggestions at all???

Thanks in advance for any help that someone might give me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you ever get any help with your issue any where else? I have had the exact same issue on my 4s since Christmas and I have followed all of the same steps as you. I didn't know about the Siri thing but I tried that and it works exactly like yours.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Has anyone with similar problem ever fixed their iPhone 4S?

I was thinking to get the connector replaced but op did that and didn't fix the problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mine started working again fine about a week after my post and then two days ago it stopped working again, then this morning it works again. I really feel that it's some type of software issue. I was using mine watching a Youtube video on Thursday when it went out. I had no headphone plugged in and I haven't had one plugged in for weeks. It's really random.

So, anyone out there that has solved this would be greatly appreciated by all three of us! (^^^)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. Please
    Is there a way to disable docking completely?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmnem21 View Post
    Mine started working again fine about a week after my post and then two days ago it stopped working again, then this morning it works again. I really feel that it's some type of software issue. I was using mine watching a Youtube video on Thursday when it went out. I had no headphone plugged in and I haven't had one plugged in for weeks. It's really random.

So, anyone out there that has solved this would be greatly appreciated by all three of us! (^^^)
    Did you replace the connector dock at the bottom?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Replaced the dock connector and it's all good now.