Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: USED Icleaner and now cydia is blank and gives these errors. Anyone know how to fix?

Default USED Icleaner and now cydia is blank and gives these errors. Anyone know how to fix?
    I am having a similar problem. I didnt select cydia and I think on upgrade of icleaner yesterday must have been on by default.

I get these errors:

wow you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of.
    Problems with MergeList/var/lib/dpkg/status
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

DOES anyoe know how to reset this or fix?? I have refreshed 10 times and nothing but the errors.

THanks in advance

I added to an old icleaner thread but no one checked it out so started a new one.

Hi, after running the icleaner with Cydia option and doing a respring, my cydia app opens very minimized on my iPad and basically I'm not able to click any option. Tried to close, respring, reboot but nothin worked. Attached is the screenshot of the app. Please help
    -image.jpg

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pluto459 View Post
    I am having a similar problem. I didnt select cydia and I think on upgrade of icleaner yesterday must have been on by default.

I get these errors:

wow you exceeded the number of package names this APT is capable of.
    Problems with MergeList/var/lib/dpkg/status
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

DOES anyoe know how to reset this or fix?? I have refreshed 10 times and nothing but the errors.
    This error message isn't related to iCleaner. It happens because Cydia is currently based on a version of APT that can only support having 65k packages available from your installed sources.

You can fix the problem by removing some of your sources (by going to Manage -> Sources -> Edit on iPhone/iPod touch or to Sources -> Edit on iPad). That will put the number of available packages below 65k so that you can use Cydia again.

If some sources seem to not have a "remove" button when you try to remove them, that usually means they were installed as packages. Go to Manage -> Packages on iPhone/iPod touch (or to Installed on iPad), find the package with the source's name, and uninstall that package.

Keep in mind that pretty much the only way to get to this error message right now is to have several pirate repositories installed (since the default repositories only add up to 41k packages, and legitimate non-default repositories tend to be small). So, to work around this limitation, it's best to uninstall pirate repositories and keep legitimate ones. The default legitimate repositories are BigBoss, Cydia/Telesphoreo, Dev Team, ModMyi, and ZodTTD/MacCiti.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid007 View Post
    Hi, after running the icleaner with Cydia option and doing a respring, my cydia app opens very minimized on my iPad and basically I'm not able to click any option. Tried to close, respring, reboot but nothin worked. Attached is the screenshot of the app. Please help Attachment 620844
    This problem also isn't related to iCleaner. See the instructions on the evasi0n help page at JailbreakQA:

Why is Cydia suddenly tiny after rebooting (the quarter screen bug)? How do I fix it?

This is caused by having a tweak incompatible with iOS 6 installed, and it only shows up after rebooting. Check your tweaks and uninstall any that might not be compatible - this list may help. To uninstall incompatible tweaks: first put your device into Safe Mode using SBSettings (tap the "Power" button in SBSettings for the Safe Mode option) or using a similar tweak, or if you don't have something like that installed, you can reboot your device while holding the volume up button to disable all tweaks. Then open up Cydia and uninstall any tweaks that you suspect are incompatible. You can reboot again to check, and repeat the process as necessary.

Known tweaks that cause this issue are Deck, an old version of Transparency (please update it), and an old version of RetinaPad (please update it), and there are probably several others. Respringing is a temporary fix for this issue (it will make Cydia usable again), but unless you remove the incompatible tweak(s), you will get this problem again the next time you reboot your device. Winterboard and UIKit Tools do not cause this problem (they are fully compatible with iOS 6), but installing/updating them may cause you to reboot your device, which makes the incompatible tweak problem show up.

Default Wrong
    This issue is I threads from 2010 and this problem has many causes. Myself and last guy have gotten these errors 100% from icleaner.

Now you are right in the cause from other reasons, but icleaner is causing this. My phone hasn't been the same and this is only way you can somewhat get cydia back. Hopefully you have a source you added that you don't use. Delete that source and see of cydia will load. I deleted one source and it worked, but few days later had to delete two more sources.

I tried the steps in the threads new and old and cydia is basically like it was new one year ago. There is 9-12 packages need upgrade for cydia stuff but it won't upgrade and gives a new error about a dependency. If I goto packages installed there are none, all blank, but the packages are still there and phone works.
    Only real way to fix is do a restore and new jb

Luckily I'll suffer for another week till I get iphone5